[1]Federer-[22]Mannarino
Monfils-[8]Anderson

McDonald-[13]Raonic
[9]Isner-Tsitsipas

Khachanov-[12]Djokovic
[24]Nishikori-[Q]Gulbis

[5]Del Potro-Simon
Vesely-[2]Nadal

So with all the talk about the draw falling apart with half the seeded players out in the first two rounds, we’ve still got at least one seeded player in every match and only 2 of the 16 players are in their maiden slam R4, both new faces on the tour. For example, if we get a Federer-Monfils-Raonic-Isner-Djokovic-Nishikori-Delpo-Nadal QF lineup, it would be among the strongest in the past 3 years.

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are playing great tennis and they would be expected to clean up their section, but we also have some dangerous players who could cause an upset. The 2/4 section looks most open, with the prospect of a servebotting contest in the QF :eek Please post your prediction of how things will develop in the second week below:wink2:

P.S. It’s crazy to think that Fed, Nadal and Djokovic haven’t been in the QF of a slam at the same time since 2015 RG:surprise:

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Really? Monfils is 5-0 over Anderson, so it would be interesting if Anderson does make the QF!! I think the F is Rogie vs. Rafa, Chokovic, or Del Potro!!

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Rogie's path to the F: Mannarino, Anderson/Monfils, Isner/Raonic
Chokovic's path to the F: Khachanov, Nishikori, Del Potro/Rafa
Del Potro's path to the F: Simon, Rafa, Chokovic
Rafa's path to the F: Vesely, Del Potro, Chokovic

F will be Rogie vs. Chokovic, Del Potro, or Rafa who might've beaten each other up in the QF and SF....

Rogie definitely with the easiest path to the F, then Chokovic, and Rafa/Del Potro with the most brutal path facing each other, then Chokovic, and if they make the F, against Rogie...

Imagine being Del Potro, to win Wimbledon you'll have to after Simno beat Rafa, Chokovic, and Rogie to win W, so much to ask him to beat the Big 3 guys!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Federer's draw is beyond a joke. This is actually disgusting.

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Federer def. Mannarino in 3
Monfils def. Anderson in 5

Raonic def. McDonald in 3
Isner def. Tsitsipas in 4

Djokovic def. Khachanov in 3
Nishikori def. Gulbis in 5

Del Potro def. Simon in 3
Nadal def. Vesely in 4

Federer def. Monfils in 3
Raonic def. Isner in 5

Djokovic def. Nishikori in 4
Del Potro def. Nadal in 4

Federer def. Raonic in 3
Del Potro def. Djokovic in 5

Federer def. Del Potro in 4

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
[1]Federer-[22]Mannarino
Monfils-[8]Anderson

McDonald-[13]Raonic
[9]Isner-Tsitsipas

Khachanov-[12]Djokovic
[24]Nishikori-[Q]Gulbis

[5]Del Potro-Simon
Vesely-[2]Nadal

-----------------------------------------

Federer-Anderson
Raonic-Tsitsipas

Djokovic-Nishikori
Del Potro-Nadal

Federer-Raonic
Djokovic-Nadal

Federer-Nadal

Since Roger fully adapted to his new racquet Rafito is almost helpless against him, topspin to the backhand abuse doesn't work anymore. 6th win in a row and #21 incoming :)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
As expected, Federer dominates Wimbledon even more than last year. With a perfect preparation for the tournament and no cold, I expect him to raise his level even more in the upcoming rounds. He could get close to his most dominating days on grass. I expect him not to drop a single set again. Right now, I can hardly see how he can recieve a break.

Biggest contender for the final is Del Potro, who has the firepower and the right mindset to reach the final. Djokovic still lacks the power to go really deep. So if Nadal manages to somehow get past Del Potro, I could see him in the final, too.

But make no mistake, this Slam is already decided. As long as Federer and Nadal are playing injury-free, only the Australian Open and the US Open can be won by other players.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Monfils def. Anderson in 5

Djokovic def. Khachanov in 3
Nishikori def. Gulbis in 5

Del Potro def. Simon in 3
Nadal def. Vesely in 4

Federer def. Monfils in 3
Raonic def. Isner in 5

Del Potro def. Nadal in 4

Federer def. Raonic in 3
Del Potro def. Djokovic in 5

Federer def. Del Potro in 4
If del Potro can beat Nadal and Djokovic, he most likely will beat Federer too, especially in a final.

·
Registered
743 Posts
What I want to happen:

Fed d Mannarino in 3
Anderson d Monfils in 4
Raonic d Mcdonald in 3
Isner d Tsitsipas in 4

Khachanov d Djokovic in 4
GUlbis d Nishikori in 4
DelPo d Simon in 3
Vesely d Nadal in 4

QF:
Fed d Anderson in 3
Raonic d Isner in 5

DelPo d Vesely in 3
Khachanov d Gulbis in 4

SF:
Fed d Raonic in 3
Delpo d Khachanov in 3

F:
Fed d Delpo in 5

What I think will actually happen:
Fed d Mannarino in 3
Monfils d Anderson in 4
Raonic d Mcdonald in 3
Isner d Tsitsipas in 4

Djokovic d Khachanov in 3
Nishikori d Gulbis in 3
Nadal d Vesely in 3
Delpo d Simon in 4

QF:
Fed d Monfils in 5
Raonic d Isner in 4

Djokovic d Nishikori in 3
Nadal d Delpo in 4

SF:
Fed d Raonic in 5
Djok d Nadal in 4

F:
Djok d Fed in 4

·
Registered
743 Posts
If del Potro can beat Nadal and Djokovic, he most likely will beat Federer too, especially in a final.
I wouldnt mind it but the odds of defeating all 3 back to back are really really low, especially if one or two of the matches get really physical and goes to a 4 hr 5 setter

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
QF:
Clownfils def Nose
Tsitsipas def Raonic
Djokovic def Nishikori
Rafa def Delmugtro

SF:
Clownfils def Tsitsipas
Rafa def Djoker

F:
Rafa def Clownfils

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Beating Nadal on grass isn't that difficult, I'd have Nadal winning that on clay and probably hard as well. And I'm just not sure Djokovic has it in him mentally to make a Slam final atm (when I first typed that I had Djokovic winning but changed my mind).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Anderson def. Monfils in 4

Djokovic def. Khachanov in 4
Nishikori def. Gulbis in 4

Del Potro def. Simon in 4
Nadal def. Vesely in 4

Federer def. Anderson in 4
Raonic def. Isner in 4

Del Potro def. Nadal in 5

Federer def. Raonic in 4
Djokovic def. Del Potro in 4

Djokovic def. Federer in 5

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
As expected, Federer dominates Wimbledon even more than last year. With a perfect preparation for the tournament and no cold, I expect him to raise his level even more in the upcoming rounds. He could get close to his most dominating days on grass. I expect him not to drop a single set again. Right now, I can hardly see how he can recieve a break.

Biggest contender for the final is Del Potro, who has the firepower and the right mindset to reach the final. Djokovic still lacks the power to go really deep. So if Nadal manages to somehow get past Del Potro, I could see him in the final, too.

But make no mistake, this Slam is already decided. As long as Federer and Nadal are playing injury-free, only the Australian Open and the US Open can be won by other players.
As a fellow Federer fan, I admire your certainty, but to win two consecutive Wimbledon titles without dropping a set would be pretty extraordinary. Federer hasn't been tested yet, but I think he's going to be pushed very hard before the end.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts