Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One may wonder why, as high as 1.98m, Vesely has a complete pusher forehand. Even Monfils and Simon have a more aggressive forehand than his.
Nadal played his best match of the tournament.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Vesely threw a kitchen sink down 3-6 3-6 *4-5 Ad-40. There was literally nothing Nadal could do to stop the inevitable.

·
|
14,288 Posts
Nadal 37 winners, 12 unforced errors.
Nadal remains a member of the insanely exclusive anti-5 club, he is yet to concede 5 games in a set!
All alone at the top of the mountain.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Excellent movement by RAFA.

Very good serves, with strong variety.

Backhand was top notch for the most part.

Forehand was great sometimes, not so great sometimes.

He's improving with every match. I can feel it. Fedtard tears incoming this sunday. Its gonna be beauitiful.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
After an in-depth investigation without watching the two matches I came to the conclusion that Vesely posesses the stronger weapons compared to De Minaur.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
37 winners and just 12 UE's, the serve was decent too. Rafa played good enough to take this in three. A solid performance but will have to improve for Del Potro (probably).

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nadal was pretty good from ground in first 2 sets, wasn't that good in 3rd set but it didn't matter anyway. Vesely's ground game was bad and even his serve wasn't anything special.

For me the highlight of the match was the point at 3-3 *30-15 in 3rd set on Nadal's serve...Veseley had one of the easiest opportunities to finish off the point..instead he chooses to play a pathetic drop shot which failed miserably...I just couldn't believe how he lost that point, even I could have finished off that point

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
If you are still contemplating with the idea of Nadal winning Wimbledon, rewatch this match. There is no way he beats del Potro, Djokovic and Federer. Impossible. Del Potro should destroy him.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I have to admit I spent most of the match thinking how poor Vesely was playing (I've seen him better) but wonder how much of that was due to Rafa. He is a lousy mover and Rafa really exposed that.

Another ultra boring win by Nadal on grass ...grass is kind of looking like clay for Rafa so far, OK, his opponents are weak but so are Fed's, and they're posting the same kind of scorelines. Hmmm ....

·
|
14,288 Posts
If you are still contemplating with the idea of Nadal winning Wimbledon, rewatch this match. There is no way he beats del Potro, Djokovic and Federer. Impossible. Del Potro should destroy him.
Actually Nadal beat Del Potro at last year's US Open and this year's Roland Garros.
Also 2011 Wimbledon....:bigwave:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
btw, these Wimbledon stats are garbage...how does Vesely only have 20 UE? I don't know how Wimbledon classifies an UE but I always feel like the UE count which they show is less than the reality

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts