Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22,561 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R4: Simon def. Berdych 6-3 6-3 6-2

Berdych's pre-match odd was ridiculous, but I didn't expect a trashing like this :lol:

Great result for the sport.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

YES

Hopefully Federer will win today's match, and set up a showdown with Simon.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

A Simon Special indeed. Stayed clean and astutely counter-punched while Berdych of old made an appearance.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts

:hearts:

What a glorious result for tennis and humanity, Allez Gilou! :yeah:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts

Simon playing well on grass this year. Has to be picked for DC against GB surely?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

So happy for Gilles - brilliant to see him going further in Wimbledon then ever before.
He was better than Berdych is every possible way today and fully deserves a shot against Federer for the semis.
Playing beautiful intelligent tennis all week - only 11 unforced errors today! Never believed it would be so easy.

And his career prize money just passed 10 million dollars - so haters can go fuck themselves tbh.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts

2nd Slam QF for Simon, the first one since 2009 (Australian Open). It's his 3rd win over a top 10 player in a Slam I think after Ferrer at USO 2014 and Fish at RG 2011.

He's a tough match-up for Federer, so it could be an interesting QF.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts

Berd got absolutely slaughtered :lol:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts

Humanity wins, tennis stays pretty much the same.

Reactions: Cloren

·
Registered
7,516 Posts

Simon's second GS QF I believe. Nice to see him in there rather than Berdych if not for anything else but for variation's sake :)

·
Registered
7,042 Posts

Simon playing well on grass this year. Has to be picked for DC against GB surely?
Simon has a horrible DC record (2-8), but I guess he'll be picked. Let's be honest though, is it that important ? I think whoever are the French players, we can expect two losses to Murray and two wins over Ward.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

Berdych's pre-match odd was ridiculous, but I didn't expect a trashing like this :lol:

Great result for the sport.
Great result for Federer you. Mean. It will be up to Murray to put the old goat in his place. Simon is never ever beating Federer...

·
Registered
8,525 Posts

Simon has a horrible DC record (2-8), but I guess he'll be picked. Let's be honest though, is it that important ? I think whoever are the French players, we can expect two losses to Murray and two wins over Ward.
I guess :lol:

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,385 Posts

Is Berdych injured? Maybe still that back problem from RG, or was this simply a complete fair and square ownage? I mean, what a score!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts

good for gilles, smart and nice man, great tactic, always good for humanity when he wins even if i'm not a great fan of his tennis

2nd QF in GS after Australian open 2009

1 - 20 of 70 Posts