Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FANTASTIC shot from Novak on MP, freaking INCREDIBLE RETURN!!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Tsonga played well, but Novak was just too good..keep it up!

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
That umpire tried to cheat Nole....

·
Registered
704 Posts
What an incredible return to take the match, overall Novak was in control and as hard as Jo fought in the third, it was never going to be enough.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Strong stuff from Djokovic. Seeing the ball very well.
Tsonga showed that he's getting things together. Looked as dangerous as Safin did during that 2005 Wimby QF, which is saying something.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
MP + Celebration + Late Challenge. What drama in that TB. Awesome. Good going Novak.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Nole was too good. Epic match from him.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Some flashbacks of his best grass game in 1st & 2nd. Decent serving in 3rd. If roof will be closed till the end, he would have decent shot at title. Also :worship: to the ownage of crowd. Always pleasure to see when the bunch who has cheered for opponents DF (hello last year QF and SF) are getting owned. Suck it clowns:drool::haha:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
That third set was amazing. The tiebreak was brilliant. Epic end to it too, that was one fucking great return.

Unlucky for Tsonga. He was playing so well in that third set.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
This unsportsmanlike Djokovic will remain one of the biggest disgraces in tennis. Faking injury, fist pumping for opponent's UE and roaring at the crowd all the time.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Best match of the tournament with both guys firing missiles towards the end. The level of tennis went through the roof in the 3rd set and it was impressive of Novak to contain Tsonga and finish it in 3. What a point to end it on. One of the best returns I have ever seen. :worship:

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
That was definitely Djokovic's best match ever, especially at serve (his FS% must have been very high, I didn't check the stats yet). As for Tsonga, it's nice to see him finally playing well this year, I hope he will keep up that level. As usual, Djokovic is playing great against Jo, it's becoming embarassing.

·
23,064 Posts
I have to say I agree what an impressive returning display from Djokovic. Tsonga was kind of weird early though, just sticking at the baseline and just blasting, blasting, blasting. Not much variety that Djokovic was able to read them. Djokovic in fairness also was aggressive in trying to finish the points earlier when given the chance. Anyway he kind of improved in the 3rd Set and had BPs, but during that BP run he kind of OTT his shots. TB came and Djokovic won with another good passer just like against Stepanek (with the OUT/IN challenge overrule too). Weird umpiring too ranging from very important Tsonga points and that MP.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts