Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Great performance by Monfils, first Wimbledon R4 achieved to complete the set.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Great result. Monfils is 32 and with his history of abusing his body with his game style, probably does not have many slams left.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Monfils believe it or not is over 30 and he got his best results in 2 grand slams are here by winning this match, and the 2016 US Open

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Is the OP Silverbullet DA or something? Do you actually find a personal glory in being the first poster open up a post-match thread?

"Impressive stuff" is apparently the new "......". At least use some variety..

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Is the OP Silverbullet DA or something? Do you actually find a personal glory in being the first poster open up a post-match thread?

"Impressive stuff" is apparently the new "......". At least use some variety..
He has a lot of variety. Impressive stuff, crazy stuff, embarrassing stuff, unexpected stuff, expected stuff etc All court poster

·
MONSOON season.
81,405 Posts
One of the best results of the tournament thus far. Very happy to see Querrey out. May Anderson, Isner, Raonic and Fritz follow suit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One grass giant down. Sliderman marches on, to the utter dismay of the Wimbledon gardeners. Will he be able to tear the grass under the feet of more giants?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
OK, i don't expect Monfils to beat Anderson here, but i really, really want this to happen. Monfils is one of very few active players with 4 wins over Federer, although none of them happened on grass. This QF might be entertaining, Federer-Anderson... well, not so much.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
OK, i don't expect Monfils to beat Anderson here, but i really, really want this to happen. Monfils is one of very few active players with 4 wins over Federer, although none of them happened on grass. This QF might be entertaining, Federer-Anderson... well, not so much.
Monfils is 5-0 against the guy head to head.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Monfils is 5-0 against the guy head to head.
Oh, really? I didn't check that. Well, that Gael just must get the job done.

Although i checked, all matches were indoors or on clay. It's not surprising at all that Monfils was better there.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Querrey continues his slump this year, he looked totally disinterested and out of sorts mostly in this match.

Great performance and very focused game by Monfils, truly surprising after what he has been through since last USO...

·
Registered
36,855 Posts

never in a GS final and 2 of his last wins were on clay and was the DC

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
That's true, but you still won't find many players who has won half of their matches against Federer from 2010 onwards.
bc most of them are not in the top anymore or retired
gael is almost 32

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
bc most of them are not in the top anymore or retired
gael is almost 32
Yeah, i don't understand what's your point. Federer is a huge favorite against anyone, moreso against anyone in his half of the draw. Monfils is one of few players out there who actually gives Fed's trouble. This happened on clay and on hard. but Monfils seems to be in his best grass form ever. Yes, i don't expect Monfils to beat Federer. But he can make it tough.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts