Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reality check for Kuznetsov. Leo Mayer in the 2nd week on grass is horrible though.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The best thing for Mugyer is that he has a good opportunity versus Dimitrov or Dolgo.

Keep going Mugyer :clap2:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
you knew there was no way kuznetsov was backing up the ferrer win although i also kind of hoped simply because mayer in the 4th round of wimbledon is:rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Well fuck me, Mayer is in the 4th round of Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Expected result, it's hard to try to win another match after winning such a biggie like match against Ferru.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well done to Mayer, looks like the Ferrer match really took it out of Kuznetsov.

This result (and match) makes me deeply sad overall though, and there are no prizes for guessing why. Such a golden opportunity missed...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Wow great season for Leo!
Not yet, Mugyer has f*kec up his season in the minor tournaments, as usual :eek:

Maybe this run in WImbledon and the chance of getting a QF wakes up him and puts in the top 40 where he belongs in this weak transitional era

:(

·
Registered
399 Posts
Expected result. Kuznetsov is not a very good player. Ferrer was well below his normal standards. In fact he was well below even what MTF think is his standard. Mayer hit more winners and fewer UE and is the better tennis player, even on this surface. Kuznetsov is just missing too much. 0/9 for breakpoints? Mayer new mental giant?! :worship:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
From watching the first set, Kuznetsov's forehand was awful and his game is a bit one-dimensional. Mayer played very well and kept Kuznetsov off-balance. I'm not surprised he won as he looked the far better player. Ferrer made Kuznetsov look good as all his shots were sitting up begging to be smashed. Mayer showed up the many cracks in Kuznetsov's game.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
This could of been Seppi :bigcry: :sadface:

Leonardo Mayer in 4th round of Wimbledon...

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
andrey wasting this cakewalk :facepalm:

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
If Leo Mayer can make R16 Wimbledon, anything is possible

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
:haha: What a turn from you guys, from praising Kuznetsov to castigating him. I suppose it's classic MTF at work. I didn't expect him to go into the 4th round, although I obviously hoped for it.

I think that there are many positives for Andrey to take out of this - he made the third round of a major for the first time, beat a top 10 player for the first time, bagelling him in the process, and had at least two matches with great resilience. I hope he takes that back, works on BP conversion and stamina, and increases his overall confidence, which he can take to the summer tournaments to build up his ranking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts