1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Looks like fatigue won't be a problem at all

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
it was nid but i expected way more from istomin here tbh...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wow, can't see anyone beating this Grassrinka, Fed will need a miracle....

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Who's next? Lopez most likely. Wawa will lose tomorrow or will fold to Swiss maestro day after. Free ranking points.

·
23,064 Posts
Grassrinka :sport:

Good match from Stan, and probably his best match of the Grass season IMO. Was defending well relatively on this grass, and was aggressive than just using his power to force errors. Had another fall on his back but seemed to bother him slight here. Istomin seems to be feeling maybe dizzy and had a trainer come around the early 2nd Set I think. Was still playing OK although was error prone than he would've liked. I think the rest might've actually helped Stan to finish this well (probably practiced what needs to be done based on his performance), but has a tough match next. A long match between Lopez and Isner might help although I hope Lopez does well there and finish it quickly.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
awesome result for the sport, Istomin is not bad, but he's way too dull to be too far in such a Slam.

Stanigrass Wawrinka is Da Man

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Awesome from Stan!

There's probably greater than a 50% chance that Lopez and Isner will go beyond 6-6 in the 5th set, so Wawa may actually move through to the QF without being extremely exhausted. However, the task will get exponentially more difficult if either one wins it in 4 or a quick 5.

I give Wawrinka a 65% chance or so of beating Isner and a 40% chance of beating Lopez. Wawrinka has a much better return of serve than people give him credit for, but Lopez's lefty slice on this slick grass will probably give Wawa fits.

Plus you never know when GiveUpWrinka is going to make a surprise appearance.

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
stan de man. shame he has to play lopez now, if he wins it though i think he has a good chance to beat fed.

·
23,064 Posts
Plus you never know when GiveUpWrinka is going to make a surprise appearance.
Hope this doesn't show up if Lopez is GrassGOATing. :eek:

stan de man. shame he has to play lopez now, if he wins it though i think he has a good chance to beat fed.
:lol: If he beats Fed not only he gets another Slam QF, but that means he becomes second person to beat all the Big Four at the Slams (Murray on USO twice, Djokodal double on AO, and theoretically Federer on Wimbledon).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts