Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,370 Posts
Kudla in the third round of a GS for the first time ever :woohoo:

Has a decent shot against Giraldo too. Let's go :yeah: What a grass season for him :D

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Looks like Zverev has better results now among young players because he plays the most reliable tennis,
but on the other hand he doesn't have anything special and unlikely will be a big prospect

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
I don't think Zverev is overrated, just slightly overhyped.
Anyway Kudla should be better player on grass, so this wasn't unexpected.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
One more win is required to come back to the top 100. Giraldo is more than winnable. Come on Denis.

Kudla in the third round of a GS for the first time ever :woohoo:
Well, he's the 2013 runner-up according to Murray :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
Zverev really should have taken this one, but Kudla came through in the end. Good for him to finally get a slam R3. Zverev will get plenty in the future, I'm sure.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Zverev was serving well when he has already collapsed physically. Before that could have won the third set easliy if he had the good service at this time.
His service will be a big weapon in the future. His backhand was great until the last. His forehand wasn't reliable it was even awful.
And in the end we have to say he had to pay the bill for the mondaygame. I'm happy with his first grass court season.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Is Kudla the first American of the 1990s into the 3R of a slam?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Third set of the match was crucial. Zverev got broken to 30 serving *6-5 and went on to lose the tie break.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Despite the loss :hug: It's still a nice grass court season for Alex, getting past the first round in all four grass tournaments he entered :cool:

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
A bit below average performance, still should have won 3-1. The Gaba match was just too tough.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Sock did it about 5 weeks ago.

*And twice before at the USO.
Aah. Thank you. Forgot about Sock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts