Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veselys great run continues. Cuevas had crazy good first serve% in the first set and also broke Vesely in the opening game of 2nd set but couldnt keep his big fs% and also Vesely upped his level.

Vesely thought he had won the match already but a wrong linecall saved Cuevas as he had no chance to win the point anyways. Point was replayed after challenge and Cuevas held after saving a few matchpoints but Vesely held very easily the next game.

Paire next. More than beatable.

edit: corrected the last sets score, as there was some drama and the match continued.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wimbledon R2 : Vesely def. Cuevas 4-6 7-6 6-4 6-4

More talented player won.

I've seen Vesely play four or five times. Each time I saw him, I always wondered how on earth he's yet to make top 20. He's got a big serve and booming groundstrokes. Adorable style of play.

Next round is winnable, too.

Come on.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Vesely is poised to make his 3rd run to R4 in 4 years here at Wimbledon, really a dangerous player on grass.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Vesely is poised to make his 3rd run to R4 in 4 years here at Wimbledon, really a dangerous player on grass.
Yep. I really liked how he kept his cool despite going a set and break down. Also kept playing well after thinking he had won the match (obviously had a big lead by then, but still).

Cuevas had a MTO in first set for toe (?) problems or something, but didnt affect him in any way after that.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,615 Posts
Cuevas played quite well and pushed Vesely, very nearly took two sets. Had a big dive to save MP, fell on the ground, but his shot floated up high long enough to the baseline for him to recover. Vesely nevertheless held imperiously to close it out with big serves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts