Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wimbledon 2R: Verdasco def. Edmund 4-6 4-6 7-6(4) 6-3 6-4

I like Nando, but Edmund was far better bevore moving gingerly, not being able to push off on his left(?) leg anymore....

I "hope he was injured", in the sense that if he wasnt, this was a bad way to go of Kyle. Edmund had an MTO after the 3rd set, or at least the physio was there.

Verdasco should now be able to take care of Fabbiano, add another 4R to his resume.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Another routine victory for Verdasco.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
:spit: thought he'd lose the plot after that horrendous leave on SP in the second. Was down 2 sets and a break. Somehow outlasts Edmund.

Not bad at 35 years. Tough luck to Edmund but you really must strike when the iron is hot

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think Kyle chocked simple as that, he looked tyred and against the older man it should have been the way round. Poor Kyle not nice.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Great post-match interview by Verdasco, saying he fought back and upped his game - as he did.

Crazy that Edmund is only 24 years old. Dude looks like 35 to me.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Edmund was 6-4 6-4 3-0 up and lost his break advantage from 40-0. Great comeback from Verdasco. :worship:
Edmund injured his knee and couldn't move that well after that.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Edmund was 6-4 6-4 3-0 up and lost his break advantage from 40-0. Great comeback from Verdasco. :worship:
Sounds like Nando 2.0 lost to his prototype.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read something about Edmund having a thigh injury mid-match in the live commentary. Is that true?
he had an MTO after the 3rd set. Or at least the physio was working on him.

·
The special one
14,022 Posts
Yeah this will sting for quite a bit for Kyle, from 6-4 6-4 3-0 he should've really closed this one out, had 40-0 at 3-1 and gifted verdasco the break with UEs, Verdasco was just begging to be put out his misery by this point, was making several UEs himself, but Kyle basically resurrected a dead man by donating that break and then twisted his leg at 4-4 when the match should've already been finished.

I had things to do so couldn't watch the decider, but I knew Verdasco would win, Kyle was barely moving at all on that left leg, was expecting it to be 6-2 or 6-1 or an edmund retirement. Its a shame because he had a very winnable R3 match.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I saw only few games when Kyle injured his knee in the 3rd set. Hopefully he won't end like Delpo.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts