Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stakhovsky came up with a pure, real grass tennis, as usual. Nothing Gulbis could do; he's clueless on this surface. The latter was so atrocious on return, I can't even explain. Oh yes! there is a way: Berlocq returned better than Gulbis. On grass. That should tell you.

However, play that same match in one of the main courts, and there is little to no doubt the match would be a lot tighter. The difference in speed and bounce is ridiculous! The main courts clearly favour the Top 5. It's a disgrace.

Also, my reaction when reading the odds before the match started: :lol:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wimbledon R2: Stakhovsky def. Gulbis 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 (5)

Mugbis gonna Mugbis

Well done Grasskhovsky!

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Tomic now lock for the title.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Stakhovsky came up with a pure, real grass tennis, as usual. Nothing Gulbis could do; he's clueless on this surface. The latter was so atrocious on return, I can't even explain. Oh yes! there is a way: Berlocq returned better than Gulbis. On grass. That should tell you.

However, play that same match in one of the main courts, and there is little to no doubt the match would be a lot tighter. The difference in speed and bounce is ridiculous! The main courts clearly favour the Top 5. It's a disgrace.

My god :eek:

Mugbis :bigwave:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Expected outcome but didn´t believe it will be straight sets. Wrote yesterday that great serving Gulbis might win in tie-breaks otherwise Stakho in 4-5 sets and he surprised me with win in 3 sets. For Gulbis haters - don´t try he sucks on grass he will be fine on NA HC summer tournaments - with his new ranking and seeding he will go far in Canada - Cinci

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
so solid serving from Stak today, he really has a great chance for a fourth round spot here but then again you never know, he might lose the next match in straight sets...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Mugbis on grass is clueless. He was owned/schooled today. It is what it is - he is not the first and not the last player who can play on all surfaces except grass. His return game on grass is just disgusting and when the service is a little bit off (like it was today) then he has absolutely no hope against anybody who can actually play on the surface.

That win against Berdych now seems more and more like a freak result - and also have to keep in mind that match was played on CC which is obviously slower than outer courts, where the real grass court tennis is played - Gulbis has no noteworthy wins (he barely has any at all) on real grass courts in his entire career.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

If you mean betting odds - than Stahko and Querrey are my this day winners - both were clear underdongs vs Grass mug Ernie and Jo Willy out of form Tsonga + he struggles a lto vs big servers

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
hahaha this overrated Gulbis has strong serve but is still useless on grass

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Gulbis had a real shot to get a minibreak back at 3-5* in the TB on a soft second serve and instead went for a super forehand to be flashy...once an idiot, always an idiot

Shouldn't have bothered stepping on court today, was clear from the start that he had no real interest in winning the match

1 - 20 of 81 Posts