Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,610 Posts
how can anyone watch 2.5 hours of this serving? Impossible stuff to counter really. Millman did well to keep square for the most part but it was taken from his hand really.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how can anyone watch 2.5 hours of this serving? Impossible stuff to counter really. Millman did well to keep square for the most part but it was taken from his hand really.
And some wish the ATP brings back carpet, I mean even grass from the 90's would be impossible nowadays with players such as Milos.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I hear what you say, that was like watching F1 where the guy with the better machine won over the more hard working guy.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
The algorithm has been perfected, I see.

Credit to Millman for showing that consistent ground game can go toe to toe with servebotting of the highest caliber.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Love that scoreline but there were breaks of service in second set as Raonic was broken while serving for the set at 5-4. Good match overall and that is exactly what Raonic needs in order to improve his game with similar quality of returning by Millman throughout the match if he hopes to become a contender facing top players that know how to return Raonic's serve.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good question. It's just an inevitable procession until the TB where you know Raonic is going to fluke/bash one return point and take the set. I tried watching for 20 minutes and had to cut it off as I was -literally- falling asleep at my desk at work. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts

Only GODray can return like this :worship:
Raonic gets trashed here frequently for that straight set lose in the final but Murray was playing great in it.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,610 Posts

Only GODray can return like this :worship:
Raonic gets trashed here frequently for that straight set lose in the final but Murray was playing great in it.
that was actually a bad serve in some ways. It's fast but right in the middle of the box, Murray simply blocked it back into play. A serve that fast down the T would probably not come back at all. That said I suppose Murray had to dodge it somewhat but it still wasn't the best body serve either :lol:

I thought this one was better:

as with this one

I genuinely felt bad for Milos for those ones

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want to see Andy Murray destroying a serve bot, watch his match against Andy Roddick in 2011 (Queens), incredible stuff.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Either Raobot has been well programmed or the OP used Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V too many times in the thread title.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
My son with Asperger's syndrome loves this score.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts