Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a match, what a player, vamoooossss!!!!! First ever R3 at a Slam, surely breaks Top 100 with this win.

Great play by both, very impressed by Jarry, nerves caused some dips in form here and there, but he kept booming serves left and right, attacking the net etc. The guy has potential, he could go places.

But more than anything, well done Mackie, kept fighting after falling behind, attacking despite his shortcomings, and prevailed in the end. Well done :)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
Good result. Had to dig deep mentally considering Jarry was winning 97%of first served till very late in the match.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Watched part of the opener and much of the decider (the latter mostly in the background until the very end)... Jarry looks quite raw to me but still has time to refine his game.

First time seeing McDonald, was fairly impressed especially considering the barrage he was under as Jarry had just over a hundred winners, around a quarter being aces.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watched part of the opener and much of the decider (the latter mostly in the background until the very end)...Jarry looks quite raw to me but still has time to refine his game.
Yup, agree. Truth be told I thought he was a bit younger, like 20-21. Still, if he fixes a couple things and becomes more consistent he seems to have a lot of easy power, a good proactive mentality and also some decent net skills.

First time seeing McDonald, was fairly impressed especially considering the barrage he was under as Jarry had just over a hundred winners, around a quarter being aces.
Yeah he really just had to weather the storm during a good chunk of the match where Jarry was simply untouchable on his serve. He kept scrambling when on the backfoot, attacked when he had a chance, and in the end reaped the rewards :)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Yup, agree. Truth be told I thought he was a bit younger, like 20-21. Still, if he fixes a couple things and becomes more consistent he seems to have a lot of easy power, a good proactive mentality and also some decent net skills.
Wait, he's not!? That's what I thought at the time of writing but just checked and see Jarry's turning 23 in a few months' time... Doesn't mean he can't still improve but I thought he was at a similar stage to, say, Shapovalov in terms of development (just a bit older).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts