Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another seed bites the dust. That's 13 now out in the first two rounds, with maybe one or two more to come. Insane.

Schwarztman is hilariously bad on grass so this result isn't too surprising.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Well, Diego just gave that breaker away after a 3-1 lead

But he still surpassed all expectations I had in him by winning his first match on this anti-tennis surface against Basic in R1, so I can't say I'm disappointed about this result. Of course I'm still salty about it because Vesely plays like absolute trash all year yet when he faces one of my favs in Wimbledon he decides to play well above his usual level (vs. Thiem two years ago), but that's obviously not Diego's fault

·
23,064 Posts
At least he won one match. :/ Still, I thought Schwartzman actually had a chance to win a Set correct me if I'm wrong. Let's see if Schwartmzan can have a big run somewhere and break into the Top 10. I feel like he should this year.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Vesely's career is so weird, he was a promising player, had really impressive wins, but he stagnated and now is showing up in Wimbledon again. Maybe this is type of player who will be more consistent near his 30s and will have his peak then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts