Registered
2,152 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R2: Djokovic - Niemenen 6:4 6:2 6:3

Who gives a shit in fairness ...

·
Registered
5,230 Posts

Saw only the last games. Djokovic looks great.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
AELTC tried to disturb No1e, scheduling his match at 1pm i.e the hottest part of the day. :mad:

How can they schedule #1 seed in men's competition to play the very first match twice in a row. :eek:

They would never do this to their precious Murray.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
AELTC tried to disturb No1e, scheduling his match at 1pm i.e the hottest part of the day. :mad:

How can they schedule #1 seed in men's competition to play the very first match twice in a row. :eek:

That dastardly conspiracy only works if you also give him an opponent who would have a non-vanishing chance anyway.

Yell at the USTA instead for causing Novak's completely unfair loss to Nishikori last year. :mad:

You might be right about them favouring Murray though, sounds like the kind of thing they would be liable to do.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Jarkko played a decent match. I wish him good luck when he retires :).

I was also wondering that nobody even bothered to open a thread. I guess 'it was expected', still ... there were some great points. It was a good match.

Nole not really shining but doing just enough to win.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

This.
The first 4-5 rounds are just a formality for the Djokovics and Murrays of the tour.
Exactly. At least Murray wobbles a bit every now and then. Watching Djokovic straight setting everyone in sight for four rounds in every single major is the most boring thing in tennis.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
That dastardly conspiracy only works if you also give him an opponent who would have a non-vanishing chance anyway.

Yell at the USTA instead for causing Novak's completely unfair loss to Nishikori last year. :mad:

You might be right about them favouring Murray though, sounds like the kind of thing they would be liable to do.
They gave him the most difficult possible opponent in the 1st round. Also the plan was for him to play relentless Hewitt on this heat in the 2nd and exhaust him as mush as possible. Too bad Jarkko spoiled their plan. Karma is a bitch.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts

Saving prime time tv viewership for more interesting players and matches. :wavey:

·
Registered
645 Posts

Exactly. At least Murray wobbles a bit every now and then. Watching Djokovic straight setting everyone in sight for four rounds in every single major is the most boring thing in tennis.
Djokovic winning is not most boring but most predictable thing in tennis. most boring is watching Murray play

·
22,245 Posts

Spot on

·
22,245 Posts

Djokovic winning is not most boring but most predictable thing in tennis. most boring is watching Murray play
I don't find both of them pleasing to watch, but personally Murray is more entertaining to watch than Djokovic, he mixes it up much more. More variety.

·
Registered
645 Posts

I don't find both of them pleasing to watch, but personally Murray is more entertaining to watch than Djokovic, he mixes it up much more. More variety.
its true. Murray sometimes looks like he is running 10K, next time he is sprinting like he is running 100, and when he lose a point he looks like he is in pain after running marathon. and his serve has lot of variety too. when you compare his first and second serve, its like two different players are serving...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
How is that Djokovic's fault.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts