Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great match,really liked what i saw from Dimi,it could be much easier but credit for the fight to Johnson as well.Keep it up,Dimi !

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Decent performance, held his nerve in the first set tie breaker.

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Gasquet will destroy this pathetic excuse of a player.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
by the plan, solid and improving slowly quality and confidence.

Similarly easy/dangerous 3rd round and then should start the party.

Well done, keep it up.

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
by the plan, solid and improving slowly quality and confidence.

Similarly easy/dangerous 3rd round and then should start the party.

Well done, keep it up.
:superlol::superlol:

·
Bring it Home
21,147 Posts
More disciplined play and he would've avoided the last TB, but I agree this was a pretty good match overall from Dimitrov.

Serve worked better, although it's not completely reliable on AD court yet, I miss BotMitrov from Queen's 14. Both forehand and backhand worked great. Apart the usually netted slices on some shorter serves, returns were good too. And looks like he's entering a good streak of TB's again. If he improves the serve a bit more, he should beat Gasquet too.

Gasquet will destroy this pathetic excuse of a player.
Shanky afraid on his pupil getting schooled in R4 I see. :angel:

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Shanky afraid on his pupil getting schooled in R4 I see. :angel:
He will avoid him like in Miami and Indian Wells only bothers showing up against Raonic when he is injured :spit::spit:

May i remind you how Robredo and Isner destroyed him before Raonic dismantled Robredo and choked against Isner?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Not bad so far.

Too passive on many important points on second serve - why he decided to repeatedly slice the return into the net when his topspin backhand was working pretty well was definitely unclear. Also he needs to stop waiting for mistakes when he has the advantage in the point.

However, this is the first tournament where he has been playing mostly solid so far this year. Some very nice points, quality shot making and point building. Good to see.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And the eyes....eat them,Dimi.

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hate when posters who are in my block list keep posting in my threads.Disgusting.

·
Bring it Home
21,147 Posts
He will avoid him like in Miami and Indian Wells only bothers showing up against Raonic when he is injured :spit::spit:

May i remind you how Robredo and Isner destroyed him before Raonic dismantled Robredo and choked against Isner?
:lol:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Closer than one would expect. Had to save set points in both sets 1 and 3. Clutch when he needed to be, though. Tougher tests ahead.

Rock on! :rocker2:

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
So far Dimitrov has played 2 players with worse BHs than him, that ends next round. We will see how he copes with someone who can rally off both sides.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts