Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Clutchness from the big man. Those last two service games are why John has the greatest serve ever. 64 aces in total. I worry about his continuing to prolong these early round matches, especially cause he has a great-looking draw here, but he marches on. Albot next.

Mods, please switch the tiebreak scores around. The third set was 8-6 and the fourth was 7-3. Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R2; (9) Isner def. (Q) Bemelmans 6-1 6-4 6-7 (3) 6-7 (8) 7-5

Disgusting behaviour by Isner.
He got saved by the rain big time.
Obnoxious celebrations today completely over the top by Bemelmans' chokes and easy misses.

Isner is a disgrace.

Bemelmans... Sigh... Another major choke...

·
Registered
73 Posts

The greatest serve ever? Please, spare me. Did you ever see Pancho Gonzales serve with a wooden racket? Any of the other greats of the past?

Makes me cringe anytime someone says "the greatest ____ ever".

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R2: Isner d. Bemelmans 6-1, 6-4, 6-7(6), 6-7(3), 7-5

Opposite day.
Isner lead 61 64 66 *40
Bemelmans came back the see himself with two matchpoints at 16 46 76 76 65*
Isner hold, made the break and won. Even in the last game Bemelmans had 1 breakpoint.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts

Disgusting behaviour by Isner.
He got saved by the rain big time.
Obnoxious celebrations today completely over the top by Bemelmans' chokes and easy misses.

Isner is a disgrace.

Bemelmans... Sigh... Another major choke...
The flag on your profile says it all.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts

The greatest serve ever? Please, spare me. Did you ever see Pancho Gonzales serve with a wooden racket? Any of the other greats of the past?

Makes me cringe anytime someone says "the greatest ____ ever".
Pancho Gonzales was not even 190cm tall, never noticed the correlation nowadays between size and great serve? A few great servers are 185cm tall (Pete Sampras, or Roger Federer), but their serve are still much inferior to John Isner. Any unbiased tennis analyst will have no issue to acknowledge that.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

The flag on your profile says it all.
I am not a Bemelmans fan. I root for him when he has to play but that doesn't make me a Bemelmans fan.
You clearly did not see the match. Isner behaved like a disgusting spoiled brat with obnoxious celebrations. His game is not tennis, it's just servebotting.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R2; (9) Isner def. (Q) Bemelmans 6-1 6-4 6-7 (6) 6-7 (3) 7-5

Clutchness from the big man. Those last two service games are why John has the greatest serve ever.
That statement would have been accurate had Isner not been playing with a frying pan.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts

I am not a Bemelmans fan. I root for him when he has to play but that doesn't make me a Bemelmans fan.
You clearly did not see the match. Isner behaved like a disgusting spoiled brat with obnoxious celebrations. His game is not tennis, it's just servebotting.
Does not come close to Xavier Malisse's achievements in this category.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

Number 9 vs. Q = 5 Sets :eek:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

How does Isner constantly struggle against lower ranked players even after hitting 150 aces?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

His game is not tennis, it's just servebotting.
Isner had 88 winners. Bemelmans had 42. If what Isner is playing isn't tennis, then how do you describe Bemelmans?

Isner dominated the entire match. 88w/47ue/64aces/3df......compared to Bemelmans 42w/39ue/7aces/5df...

Match was entirely on Isner's racquet.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts

How does Isner constantly struggle against lower ranked players even after hitting 150 aces?
Because he is rubbish on grass but he can get away with murder on it. For the 1st time he is going to reach the 2nd week of Wimbledon thanks to a pathetic draw.

Every tennis enthusiast is hugely awaiting the showdown with Raonic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts