Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a stellar match, really, but despite DFing more than he'd like, Stan was never really in danger. Broke at the perfect time in all three sets, and is through to the 3R to face Verdasco.

Loved this ballsy overrule from Ramos - ball was called out, but he overruled. Stan's challenge proved just how eagle-eyed Ramos was!

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Burgos fought his heart out, but Stan was way too clutch.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Awful, awful match from Stan :rolls:

Needs to up the level slightly for Verdasco.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Awful, awful match from Stan :rolls:

Needs to up the level slightly for Verdasco.
Stans looking dangerous to go deep and cause some upsets.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stan only in 1st gear for the whole match.

Congrats on the win.
Yeah, that sounds exactly right - he just stayed in 1st gear. There were some pretty shots, and he was great at serve & volley, but VEB never challenged him so he never really had the need to up his game.

Verdasco could be a tasty match, though. He'll need more for Nando.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
stan was in the= i'll just break when i need to kind of mode. estrealla Burgos was all heart. awesome display of guts!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Staniel serve-and-volleyed great. The rest of his game is still the same tragic mess on the surface. Verdasco (unless he chokes which is always a possibility) will straightset him.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did you think of that Stan challenge on the backhand slice? Even less line there, Burgos was shocked really
This one?

That one made me love Estrella Burgos even more - he was just cracking up with genuine laughter. He seems like a really great guy. :) I hope he becomes a coach on the tour after he's done, because I don't want to lose him.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Stan actually afraid to get into rallies and hit the backhand. I don't think he's getting pas the fourth round sorry. He actually retreated to the baseline to see if he was happy with a rally then relinquished that position in favour of hitting the forehand inside the baseline.
If he can't find form on the backhand soon and a bit closer to the baseline then he's not getting far

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Nuderinka..... even winning Wimbly now wouldn't wash away that horrible image.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
This one?

That one made me love Estrella Burgos even more - he was just cracking up with genuine laughter. He seems like a really great guy. :) I hope he becomes a coach on the tour after he's done, because I don't want to lose him.
He could be coach already :lol:

Great guy though, very popular too.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
BOAT just barely keeping interest in the match, comfortably 3sets. Nogay, Olderer, BaldFuentes and Cancerpatienttards all in ruins.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts