Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As expected, a 5-set mugfest. I'd have preferred Rusty to win and if he had 20% more power in his groudstrokes he probably would.

JJ is as clueless and chokey as ever.

·
Registered
588 Posts

This match just shows what age does to a player.... poor Lleyton.

I don't know what this match was more about?
Lleyton Chokewitt or Jerzy Luckowicz?

:eek:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
After Hewitt came back i was sure he wins this... JJ is mug anyway, won´t go far here, basically add Hewitt few KPH on serve and would win this, anyone with decent serve and good baseline game will send him home

·
Registered
767 Posts
this was certainly the last wimbledon of hewitt

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Herculean effort from Janowicz to win the match with a 5% drop shot winning ratio. Hewitt is the undisputed master of coming back from 2 sets to love and still losing.

Getting a code violation for saying sit was just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Gosh that was sad :sad:. A tale of two Hewitts this match, the Hewitt of old who was dogged and somehow fought through to a 5th saving MPs and even getting one of the breaks back in the 5th... and the Hewitt of 2006 onwards who choked horribly in the first and collapsed yet again in the 5th. That last game :eek:

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
hopefully last Wimbledon, been hoping it for years now

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Apparently that was the biggest match of Janowicz's life, at least according to Simon Reed. Bigger than the Wimbledon semi-final he competed in last year, then.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Revolting performance from 2 revolting players. Janowicz is classless, hope Robredo sends him back to the stone age where he belongs.

Hewitt, you fossilised moron, just retire before you do anymore damage to yourself and your fans (both present and former). You have a lovely wife and some great kids, stop dragging them around the world to watch you embarrass yourself in every fucking tournament you enter. GTFO, done with your shit. :bigwave:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yasss, great to see from finger wagging swag back from from the big man!

My favourite player sending my least favourite into retirement. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - OUT, OUT, OUT!

Disgracefully hewitt biased commentary from the BBC too.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts