Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Seems like it was a good match based on the stats. 44/17 W/UE for Haase, Vasek was also in the positive. Too bad, there were lots of players in the draw he would have beaten quite easily with a positive W/UE ratio but fair play to Haase, seems like he played really well and deserves the win :yeah:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pospisil could only break once out of the 5 chances he got and managed to commit 2 DFs in a row, twice! :eek: High number of UEs didn't help either.

Props to Haase though. Better grass-courter won.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Pospisil really had a nice draw here, he should have taken advantage. Once the points from the US hard court season (presuming he doesn't suddenly find form and defend most of them) fall away he'll have to qualify for a lot of main tour events.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Pospisil really had a nice draw here, he should have taken advantage. Once the points from the US hard court season (presuming he doesn't suddenly find form and defend most of them) fall away he'll have to qualify for a lot of main tour events.
Taken advantage of Haase and Simon? That's not exactly the best of draws at all for a seed, can't say I expected much.

And I very much doubt he'll be making the SF of any M1000 this year, but he should do well enough during hard court season.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
really nice draw? Haase has 44/17 W/UE, that's almost triple. He's pretty good on grass. Then you had Simon who people here are thinking maybe could beat Nole with that stupid thread, and then Nole.

That's a terrible draw, he could have gotten something like Gonzalez, then winner of Jarizi/Riba, then Raonic. that would have been a good draw. Or something like GGL got. I'd hardly call Haase, Simon, Nole a really nice draw :lol:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
i dont think he out choked haase. he was never in a position to choke
I believe he had 0-40 at 5-4* in the 3rd. Then lost that game and the next 2 to lose the set. I'd qualify that as a nice choke of the 3rd set. Who knows what happens if he takes one of those 3 points to take a 2-1 set lead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts