Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wimbledon R1: Robin Haase def. Marius Copil 7-6(0) 7-5 4-6 7-6(4)

:bigcry:
Haase played the key moments better, especially the 2 tiebreaks. Copil had 4 points to go a double break in the 4th set and was playing really well, but Haase didn't let him go to distance.
Robin will play Kyrgios in the next round, could be a fun match.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R1: Robin Haase def. Marius Copil 7-6(0) 7-5 4-6 7-6(4)

Nice win for Robin.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I'm truly disappointed in my fellow MTF'ers to say the least. Coming home from work not being able to follow the Dutchman myself and what do I see? Not only has Haase won, but he won winning two sets in tiebreaks. And one of them to 0!! And no thread has been made of this monumental happening. No lets talk about Nadal or Federer winning their first rounds. That's so amazing. Glory hunters all around here. The man of a thousand gifs deserves better.

@Mae did you see the match and can you comment?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
There was a thread by enlightenedth. I only watched the two first sets and a small bit of the last tiebreak. Haase started off very rusty, nearly got broken in both of his service games, after that it went on serve until the tiebreak, which Haase took with clutch play. The final tiebreak was amazing, he got a 5-2 lead, Copil got back to 5-4 and Haase hit two winners to seal the match.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
There was a thread by enlightenedth. I only watched the two first sets and a small bit of the last tiebreak. Haase started off very rusty, nearly got broken in both of his service games, after that it went on serve until the tiebreak, which Haase took with clutch play. The final tiebreak was amazing, he got a 5-2 lead, Copil got back to 5-4 and Haase hit two winners to seal the match.
https://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/947120-wimbledon-r1-robin-haase-def-marius-copil-7-6-0-7-5-4-6-7-6-4-a.html
Has anybody ever burned himself so hard in making a thread with false accusations:confused Better that I keep working and not post indeed.... Mods feel free to do with this thread as you please.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Sadly I had no coverage of the match, but we now have two threads on Robin's match @Joe Speedboot
I know that's why I made the above post. As Potus made aware of it. So this can be deleted. Or merged so I can bask in my shame a little longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts