Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good fight from jay to take this to 5. Ernie was up and down himself and that definitely contributed to this lasting as long as it did. virtually gave the 4th set away at the end. he won though and defends most of his points from last year.

Jay has nothing to be ashamed of. he fought well

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Gulbis is defending his R3 points from last year so glad he got the win. His current ranking is only 138.
Clarke held serve surprisingly easy throughout the match.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Clarke played five solid sets, really good mindset. Gulbis played only three solid sets. Fortunately for him that was enough because he obviously has much more weapons.
Gulbis is defending his R3 points from last year so glad he got the win. His current ranking is only 138.
Clarke held serve surprisingly easy throughout the match.
Yep, it's partly due to the fact that Ernie didn't return well today. Dumped quite a few on Clarke's second serve into the net.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I’m glad to see Ernie is still out there fighting :worship: He really needed this win. I’m still hopeful he can make it back to the top 100 at least.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Tougher than expected for Gulbis. Clarke played well from the bits I saw, hope to see more from him in the future.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
This thread is not complete without this video.

“I tried to joke, you know this panic joke, when you’re nervous and you don’t know what to do but then you panic and then I tried to joke but something came out probably very stupid. Not funny at all,” a laughing Gulbis told reporters after the match about the moment of confusion. (He said: “Can I drink your water?” after Clarke told him he was at the wrong chair)

(srce: Tennis news: Ernests Gulbis forgets where his bench is, Feliciano Lopez happy to steal record from Roger Federer - Wimbledon diary - Article - Sport360)

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Yessssss

Bye Mugarke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts