Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guaranteed Aussie in round three as he plays Duckworth next.

No tiebreakers. :speakles:

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Slay Sexy Sam :hearts:

But next time, thank all the Aussie fans/fanatics - not just that wanker leader okithnxbai!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Someone called this on the MTF podcast.

·
Registered
19,417 Posts
Not expected at all

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Makes tons of sense to me. Sock had no time to do anything. Groth is great at pressing the action, especially off of his serve. Jack looked like he couldn't create anything. His serve is also barely a factor these days; it's so inconsistent.

Well done, Groth.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Good win for Groth, though Sock was clearly off his game.

·
Bring it Home
21,144 Posts
Brazilia media said Sock took a shot (injection) on his knee during a MTO in the match. Is it true or bullshit? :lol:

·
MONSOON season.
82,480 Posts
Great win for Sam :yeah: Great shot against Duckworth now.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Brazilia media said Sock took a shot (injection) on his knee during a MTO in the match. Is it true or bullshit? :lol:
I thought hand at the time, a few people said knee. It looked painful as hell though.

This looks like hand from the 3rd pic:
https://twitter.com/racheldulitz/status/615882810457460736

The trainer dude appeared to be rotating something into his finger-nail..... perhaps blood under the nail and he had to drill a hole to relieve it?

·
Bring it Home
21,144 Posts
I thought hand at the time, a few people said knee. It looked painful as hell though.

This looks like hand from the 3rd pic:
https://twitter.com/racheldulitz/status/615882810457460736

The trainer dude appeared to be rotating something into his finger-nail..... perhaps blood under the nail and he had to drill a hole to relieve it?
I see.

It was in hand for sure, not sure how they confused this with knee. :lol:

I asked because for sure it isn't allowed to take a knee shot during a match, right? Otherwise Nadal would've used already. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Good win for Groth who obviously likes this surface but Sock's game is far too limited to be effective on grass. It's hard to believe he reached the SF in Newport last year before getting schooled by Hewitt.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
It wasn't too obvious live tbh, and his hand was resting on his knee.

Maybe he had both? I had 8 streams up at the time so remembering what happened when and to who is all a little fuzzy :)
I did catch those moments in the pics and watched the next two games and it was definitely the hand, he kept shaking it after the intervention.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
It was his hand. He fell early in the match, and struggled even more than usual with his backhand as a result.

After saving his fifth break point in the third set, he said this out loud:

"Guy can't even make two balls in a row."

Like his game, but things like these makes him seem like a douche.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not expected? Sock is a FH-bot as someone brilliantly put. you can't cover the whole court with your FH on a grass court. Sock can't slice, can't volley, and somehow got a very inconsistent serve.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts