Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Routine for Dimitrov. Harrison lost his momentum after frustrated in the first set tiebreak. Anyway getting through Qualifying matches is already beyond expectation.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
stats will say fantastic, but never really impressed, average, only 61% 1st serve and 2nd is not so good. Not so clinical at the net, couple of poor volleys, couple of poor FH. Ok, nobody is perfect. Block and slice ROS are working on grass.
RH just imploded after 1st set.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Nice performance from Grisha. :yeah:

Hopefully the new collaboration with JMG will soon bear fruit for Ryan.

Qualifying here was beyond my expectations frankly, so definite forward momentum with the new tandem.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
30k paycheck for Fat Ryan = Heaven at McDonalds

:yeah:
Haven't seen a photo of him for two years. Is he even fatter than he used to be in 2012? :lol:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Easily the best performance of the day. At times Grigor was unplayable and Harrison didn't even play that bad. Grigor fired a couple of forehand drives that were as big as any you will see in this tournament. His balance and movement around the court impressed me the most. It was just effortless and he looked confident out there today.

Plays Saville next who beat Thiem and has nothing to lose so Grigor needs to shut him down early.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Harrison will never do anything with his elbow tucked in so much on his FH. It means he just cant generate pace so when he runs around a BH and has court position he cant make it count at all.

Grigor didn't feel threatened you could tell by how freely he played.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ryan actually looked fit today, much better than before :lol:
Dimitrov was on fire. But I'm not surprised, I called him winning in straights in this match.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Another good effort, close set from Harrison vs. a top player. He shows he can battle with the elites but falls short again. Hopefully JMG can change this pattern as JMG had plenty of wins over top players like Hewitt, Rios, Courier, Agassi, etc.

Dimitrov making SF or F or even winning this Wimbledon would not be a shock at all. He's a rising force, his time is coming.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Great display from Grigor.Go for it ,champ !

stats will say fantastic, but never really impressed, average, only 61% 1st serve and 2nd is not so good. Not so clinical at the net, couple of poor volleys, couple of poor FH. Ok, nobody is perfect. Block and slice ROS are working on grass.
U watched his RG match or what :wavey:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Serving over 60% is not bad for attacking players. You don't expect them reach 70% first serve like moonballer dull.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Fantastic win for Dimitrov. The way Harrison was serving I thought he might be in trouble, but Grigor returned well and really dominated from the ground. :yeah:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
great form, Grigor looked great and i'm rarely that optimistic at slams about him.

FH was spot on, every rally was his point and once he sorted his returns, which were missing in the first set, it was cruise control as expected.

Young Skywalker will have a similar experience in next round.

Feels like the QF+ is really looking good.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts