Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the second set Carreño showed the world that he could win Wimbledon if he tried, but he can't be bothered on this inferior surface.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Ferrer was great except when under any pressure at all. Then he was horrible.

PCB was about what would be expected. Served well in the second though

·
Registered
832 Posts
What second set tank job.:haha: Obviously very kind of Ferrer giving his opponent some invaluable slam experience and avoiding a total beatdown.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Ferrer wanting more match practice tanking the second set.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
In the second set Carreño showed the world that he could win Wimbledon if he tried, but he can't be bothered on this inferior surface.
True, I was shocked after the first set bagel..then Carreno raised his level by a good 10/15% and managed to win the 2nd set, then he completely tanked.

At first I thought it was some kind of a injury..but probably is what you said.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Comprehensive win (apart from the second set - not sure what happened there!). Just the kind of match he needed after not having match play on grass this year.

The bad call from the umpire got Ferrer mad and he seemed to raise his level after that.

·
Registered
21,266 Posts
Nice to see Ferrer give his fellow Spaniard a set. So kind of him. Other players should learn from Ferrer.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Ferrer 60 30 up, people started to fear for a triple bagel. 15 minutes later it's 5-5 :spit: What a choke that would be...

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well winning a set is a good result for pablo here. i wish the other sets were a bit closer though

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I have no idea how Busta won the second set (or that 13 minute game in the 4th).
such a random second set, Ferrer doesn't seem noticeably sick or rusty though otherwise, not that PCB was a threatening player

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
Vulture roasted by vulture

1 - 19 of 19 Posts