Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sock was very dirty in the 5th using all kind of tactics to throw Berrettini off. He deserve to lose, no fitness pig:clapsss:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R1 Berrenttini def. Sock 6-7(5) 6-7(3) 6-4 7-5 6-2

The expression is misused/overused here and I normally try to avoid hyperbole - but if ever there was an example of good triumphing over evil, it is the outcome of this match :angel:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts

And this mug won a masters and was in the semis of the tour finals... how this could happen is beyond my understanding and logical reasoning...

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
*Berrettini

Well deserved win for Matteo. He choked in the 1st set (up a break twice, served for the set, up 3-0 and 5-3 in the tiebreak), went on to lose 2 tiebreaks, but did not quit and pulled off a fantastic comeback, showing great fighting spirit. Sock’s attitude in the 5th set was disgraceful and unsportsmanlike...

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts

When I saw on the live score Sock lost the 4th I knew he would go on to lose the match.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts

An obvious strategic tank to conserve energy for the doubles.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

I don't mind a bit of bad behaviour but Sock takes it too far, he just comes across as a d....

·
Registered
3,539 Posts

Sock's abysmal results this year almost make me feel sorry for him... No, actually i find it hilarious, it is absurd that this guy has a Masters title.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

:haha:

And can't even win a match being 2-0 up. This dude is just bizarre.
And pretty unsportsmanlike too.
I'm sure he'll win some matches on his home hard courts, no?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,606 Posts

Nothing new under the sun. I only wish I put a bet on this one :p

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

This has to be the worst year ever for an American #1. Sock is 5-15 in his last 20 matches. He had never lost a match when winning the 1st two sets till today.

This guy seems done. He won Paris last year, and then beat Cilic/Zverev at WTF, and after that has completely tanked.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts

Ah yes - the guy who told Pospisil they couldnt play doubles anymore because he was holding him back of singles and doubles glory...

Bravo Matteo - a real young talent

Sock is the gift that keeps on giving.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

Cant wait to see him out of the top 100 by the end of the year.
Berretrini is a God :hearts:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

Soon the visitors of the Kentucky's Chilli up your ass competition will be able to smell what the Sock is cooking.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts

Ah yes - the guy who told Pospisil they couldnt play doubles anymore because he was holding him back of singles and doubles glory...
the strange thing about sock is that he’s an absolute joy to watch in doubles, yet utterly dreadful and a complete bore in singles. had he decided to commit full time to dubs with pospisil, my guess is that they’d have a minimum 8 gs titles by now and likely go down as one of the great doubles tandems in history. unfortunately babolat threw significant endorsement dollars at sock (and a contract likely loaded with massive incentives) despite his middling results, and even built entire marketing campaigns in america (their largest market) around him in the hopes he would become the next andy roddick. i think anyone with good insights into the game knew that that was never going to pan out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts