Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dustin lost his serve to love at 5-3 in the fourth :mad:

Also should've won the second set, saved 5 BP in a row at 5-5 playing S&V but kept remaining awful at deuce.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
One of those rare matches where tennis was going to win either way!

Both players are offensive shotmakers with teasing groundstrokes and pleasing net skills. It's obvious that this was the true final. Too bad Dreddy must go home now, he could've gone home with 1,200 ranking points with an easier draw.

Baggy :yeah:

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
:bounce::drool::bigclap::dance::banana::D:)

Thank god for that. I was sure Baghdatis was done for when he dropped his level by 70% in the second set. Leonardo Mayer next. Should be good for the third round.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
:bounce::drool::bigclap::dance::banana::D:)

Thank god for that. I was sure Baghdatis was done for when he dropped his level by 70% in the second set. Leonardo Mayer next. Should be good for the third round.
Thought baghy ranged from mediocre to awful. Wasn't much there for Mayer to fear imo.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Was terrified he was going to choke this match away but he pulled it out of the fire thankfully. Not a high quality contest really - and wasn't as entertaining as neutrals would have hoped it to be I imagine - but ah well. He's through.

I am heading to Wimbledon this Wednesday too, so hopefully will finally see my main man in action. I wanted to make sure I did that before he retired, so hopefully I can achieve one of my life long dreams in two days time. GO MARCOS!

·
Registered
755 Posts
such a disgusting clown
i get that he is a very offensive player but ballbashing and serve and volley on EVERY point simply will NEVEr work in a slam, not even the first round.
laughable how Dustbin broke himself %-3 up in the 4th. broke himself without winning a point and without Baghdatis doing anything:superlol::superlol::superlol:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Predictable.

Should have been an Epic 5 setter but Dustin was in choke mod.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Good! No professional tennis player should be losing to Brown!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Brown channeled his inner Monfils and was more interested in goofing around and being entertaining than winning. If he was strictly there for the victory, he would have won the 2nd and 4th sets, but he clowned around way too much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts