Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Only watched the last few games.

The announcer said Chardy was annoyed with some bad call earlier (no challenge was allowed because of the lack of natural light).

But obviously Chardy with some epic choking (easy forehand into the middle of the net at *5-5) and Berdych strangely clutch with an ace on match point. :lol:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
This was one of those matches that is both exciting and boring at the same time. In other words, a relatively close match involving Berdych.

·
Super Moderator
8,845 Posts
Doesn't matter, but his acting in the last set due to hawkeye will bring him definitely into a Clint Eastwood film after his career. Nevertheless more time for Alizee now.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Chardy, Kokkinakis, Muller, Lu all losing... note to self, don't put faith in that many underdogs at the one tournament :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Berdych needs to fire his coach. He wins but looks lifeless at times

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
Jérémy with some really massive mishits in this match as per usual. He was playing pretty well and deserved to be in the second round, but this draw was really unkind to him.

:sobbing:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Professional lip readers once had Kim Sears saying Berdshit was a 'flashy f#ck' - but that can't be right. It was probably more like 'boring c#nt.' Sorry for references to foul language - it's not me, it's Kim Sears. :angel:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Berdy :cheerleader:
I have a suspicion he's not feeling his best, so I think he could be vulnerable in these early rounds. Fingers crossed for Tomas :)

·
23,538 Posts
I actually thought it was one of the most entertaining tennis I have seen for a while! :eek: Chardy was GOATing on his FH, not really missing that much and actually returning very well. His slices had bite and really troubled Berdych. The thing though is that Berdych upped his level actually with more aggression than I see in him than usual lately and doing more risks. That being said I haven't really watched many early Berdych matches on Slams lately (due to him being on "2nd Courts" almost everytime in the early stages). Sad that in the last Set Chardy choked that 5-5 TB point (he was nervous there as he missed a first serve and that easy FH), but all in all it has shown that Chardy is better than some players at his day IMO. For Berdych I feel this performance if he actually executes against the top guys may actually give him a shout to be a true dark horse here and not just QF/SF fodder -- he did say he was going to focus winning a Slam this year and this is his best chance IMO.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Was surprised Chardy made it as close as he did, Berd was just overpowering him all over

Berd is gonna be a tough out at Wimbledon this year I feel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts