Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
23,541 Posts
Nice match from Stan especially on serve. Kinda got a bit wobbly in the 3rd Set, but was excellent on the TB. RoS still needs work but his FH return seems to be the best option for now. Overall nice performance for his 1st Round and I hope he keeps this momentum against another legend in VEB.

·
Administrator
6,164 Posts
Overall nice performance for his 1st Round and I hope he keeps this momentum against another legend in VEB.
Yep, he will surely need all the momentum he can get against grass titan Estrella Burgos, who has as many main draw grass wins to his name as Wawrinka has GS titles.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Wawrinka looks certain to lose in R3. Not good enough.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Good win for Stan. Liked what I saw in the first set and third-set tiebreak; the rest was a bit underwhelming but he never looked in danger.

·
|
15,026 Posts
Tennis astrologers say that there will be a FIRST TIME WIMBLEDON FINALIST.
That would indicate Djokovic won't make the final (because surely the finalist of the other side will be either Murray, Federer or Rafa), so Wawrinka may be the one.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Tennis astrologers say that there will be a FIRST TIME WIMBLEDON FINALIST.
That would indicate Djokovic won't make the final (because surely the finalist of the other side will be either Murray, Federer or Rafa), so Wawrinka may be the one.
Your astrology life must be one sorry life, man. Do you talk to Mother Mary as well?

·
Registered
6,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good win for Stan. Liked what I saw in the first set and third-set tiebreak; the rest was a bit underwhelming but he never looked in danger.
I concur, no contest there. I found most of the second and third set underwhelming

His serve was great and that was it. He could not rally for longer than 4 shots for most of the match, a shame as he's typically exceptionally reliable in rallies.
He won't have life that easy in the next round. He wasn't very confident on the backhand side or forehand crosscourt, he needs a few more days training I think
On the other hand the return for me was impeccable huge improvement, very glad he's hitting it now for the most part, seems he listened to criticism levied at him after all.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts