Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't play his best today but he should now get ready for Tomic as he seriously do some damages and looks different than before.
Tomic looks motivated than ever and not to be underestimated despite being a LL. He lost in the final qualifying due to sickness

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,610 Posts
That was annoying to watch at pts. Grass makes Kei's timing tricky, a lot more odd bounces, leading to mishits. Kei's FH seems particularly vulnerable when rushed and Christian for a while hit that wing pretty hard. I thought Christian played a very brave match. His serving was excellent at times, and even second serves had gusto. Lost a bit of wind near the end of the third as his knee started to bother him but otherwise really gave it to Kei with some good hitting and carved the court with fine volleys at times. Nishikori's serve was actually quite decent for his standards, hit at least half a dozen aces, but he just needs to keep his focus up and do the basic things well. Trickier to do on grass. I wish the best for Christian, he played valiantly and I hope he keeps improving, can't let Ryan have all the fun!

Tomic is definitely dangerous on grass and has nothing to prove. Kei actually lost to him twice in 2016 at Brisbane and Cincinnati (fast courts) so he'll have to be fully ready.

Thanks to doublefault28 for this:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nishikori is a Ninja! Incredible smooth and stealth movement on grass at superhuman speed - on par with peak Federer 2006 ballerina movement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts