Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good warm-up, signs of confidence in the BH, serve will improve for sure, stepped up when needed, no sweat broken..

Too easy i thought, hope Johnson will give him a fight.

Reactions: SHOKAN

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Wimbledon R1:Dimitrov def. Delbonis 6-3 6-0 6-4

Dimitrov tried to find some shots,important warm up for him.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
fu*king shit waiting for this thread 10 min when i made u made a second before me...was sure.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Wimbledon R1: Dimitrov def Delbonis 6-3 6-0 6-4

Comfortable win for Dimitrov who was bever going to be troubled by Delbonis. He struggled with his range on the forehand in the 1st set but once he settled, there was no lloking back. Every time he raised his level, he pulled ahead in the match and was completely dominant on serve. He needs to get more 1st serve in if he's to do well here but he got the job done with the minimum of fuss. :yeah:

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Dimitrov trying to hit a tweener BH shot at the start of 3rd set :haha: which landed in the net

Overall his grass game is coming back, should reach the QF at least.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fu*king shit waiting for this thread 10 min when i made u made a second before me...was sure.
true Grigor fans - me, you and Hypno all making late threads :haha:

Anyways, not much to be discussed for this match, except the few "..losing 7 games to Delbonis on grass :spit: .." usual muggeries here :lol:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Delbonis coming from a clay challenger is not a good benchmark. He needs to improve his game. Real test will be 3rd round.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dimitrov trying to hit a tweener BH shot at the start of 3rd set :haha: which landed in the net

Overall his grass game is coming back, should reach the QF at least.
front tweeners don't count, they ugly even when landing in. The real tweener few points before was much nicer, Federico smashed it away though.

Also the Slam dunk near the end got the crowd excited.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Still won`t be enough to handle Richie in my eyes. :shrug: Some promising signes though.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Its almost as if Delbonis was playing on clay in a different country 24 hours ago....

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Comfortable win for Dimitrov who was bever going to be troubled by Delbonis. He struggled with his range on the forehand in the 1st set but once he settled, there was no lloking back. Every time he raised his level, he pulled ahead in the match and was completely dominant on serve. He needs to get more 1st serve in if he's to do well here but he got the job done with the minimum of fuss. :yeah:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Rock on Griga! :rocker2:

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Dimi needs to relax,this season is a nightmare for him,he cant even make enough matches to get into some form,so its nice to have a chance to look for his shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_CyMnXqWF8

·
Bring it Home
20,645 Posts
Practice match as expected.

Shouldn't be much tougher against Johnson too, unless he complicates the match by himself.

·
Registered
11,648 Posts
Delbonis came for money. And for nothing more.
This.

tried to find a better handicap than -8.5 (such as -9.5 or -10.5) but noone from the local bookies offered such. I don't have an online account either)
So I had to settle for a 1.75 coefficient ....

but still ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts