Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grassovic is back :cool:

Watch and learn Rafa, this is how you play on fresh grass in the first round. :yeah:

34-14 W/UE.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wimbledon R1:(1)Novak Djokovic Def.Andrey Golubev 60-61-64

:eek::worship:Wimbledon R1(1)Novak Djokovic Def.Andrey Golubev 60-61-64:worship::eek:
Next....................................................

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
frankly anyone would look good against GOlubev here, he's been absolutely abysmal the last year

·
Registered
21,281 Posts
Expected result, Djokovic always looks brilliant in the early rounds, but when it comes where it really matters, its a different case.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Expected result, Djokovic always looks brilliant in the early rounds, but when it comes where it really matters, its a different case.
Agreed, I'm not gonna get too excited about it. He needs to play well in the big matches too :)

·
23,063 Posts
frankly anyone would look good against GOlubev here, he's been absolutely abysmal the last year
Makes Stan's defeat against him on DC a lot more worse (although I personally thought Golubev played well that time). :hysteric: That being said, I have to say I really didn't watch this match much as I am in the computer but I was shocked how Djokovic is just losing 1 game in two Sets! I noticed the stats and it was just winners from Djokovic and less than 10 errors actually from Golubev in those two Sets I think. From the little I see on the TV Golubev was just returning and Djokovic was controlling. Golubev began to wake up it third set and got a little bit more aggressive (which I was baffled why he wasn't that much from what little I saw) but lost serve 4-4 after that resurgence which just delays the inevitable for the Set. NIDovic though which means nothing more to say.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Djokovic is always PEAK at Wimbledon until he meets Murray or Federer...

I guess we'll see what goes down.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Golubev was beyond horrible and Djokovic didn't even try. I stopped watching the match after the second set and I saw last few games. Good win for Nole but I can't really judge his form based on this match.

Golubev is ranked #58, yet he played as if he was ranked #1058 ... pathetic. Djokovic was bored to death. You could see it on his face.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Wristovic :worship:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh please, he just lost in the QFs of his favorite tournament few months ago.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts