Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Even as a Swede, this result is kinda sad. I wanted to see Brown in the main draw, his grass game is entertaining.

Of course the embarrassing OP is happy, Nadal will breathe a sigh of relief.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Expected result. Anybody that says "Brown is always entertaining on grass" must only see the hot shot highlights because 90% of the other points are him trying ridiculous shots and failing.

He hasn't been good in years except maybe one or two tourneys per season.

·
Registered
990 Posts
More talented player won.
Clown with condom of head already safe back to Jamaica.
Well hey at least if Brown's a clown he has something unique to add to it, you're just a clown full stop.

You probably don't even know who Mikael Ymer is let alone his talent level.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well hey at least if Brown's a clown he has something unique to add to it, you're just a clown full stop.

You probably don't even know who Mikael Ymer is let alone his talent level.
You are wrong as always.
I saw him destory Verdasco in Stockholm a few years ago and was impressed. I know he's had some injury problems and I'm happy to see him win against a dude that carries 20kg of hair on his head for no particular reason.

·
Registered
990 Posts
You are wrong as always.
I saw him destory Verdasco in Stockholm a few years ago and was impressed. I know he's had some injury problems and I'm happy to see him win against a dude that carries 20kg of hair on his head for no particular reason.
You see if you posted more like that I'd actually have some respect for you, instead you add that bit on at the end for no reason that just makes you come off as a dick, it's Brown's choice, just like Tsitsipas choosing to wear the headband or when Nadal chooses a sleeveless shirt.

'wrong as always' is expecting someone to post like a normal tennis fan is it? If that is true about you watching him then I apologise, but as for the rest of the time I don't apologise for any of the times I insult you, there is no need at all to act how you do at your age.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Inb4 Ymer denadalizes the draw :haha:
Well THAT result would not make me sad. ;)

By the way: you can still watch this match on a youtube stream:

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
You are wrong as always.
Yes I'm sure the HAIR is the reason for you hating Brown. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I'm sure the HAIR is the reason for you hating Brown. :lol:
I dislike his brand of tennis. I dislike his style, I think no serious player should wear 2 meter long dreadlocks. I genuinely think that if a player is willing to take care of that much hair, and is not willing to sacrifice it, he's probably not that serious about his career. People cry about poor Clown being so lowly ranked despite being flashy. I think he's just not willing to put in that much work, based on his hair.
And yes, maybe I'm still a bit butthurt about those loses too.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
About the match:

Brown was his erratic self. He hit some cool winners but also a lot of UEs. The point where Brown hit a behind the back-volley at 4*-5 in the first set is probably rally of the day, Brown still lost that point in the end though.

Mikael is a pretty complete tennis player. Can hit the forehand with power, backhand is solid. He hit several good looking passes today off both wings. Decent serve, decent return, decent footspeed. He got broken when serving for the first set but didn't let it affect him mentally. He hit a couple of good shots in the breaker (including a beautiful bh topspin lob).

Brown hit too many poor dropshots today, one important one when he was down SP in the breaker. Mikael was onto it quickly and hit an easy FH winner DTL.

In the second set, at 2-2 Ymer started nailing passing shots and Brown didn't win another game after that.

In short, good match from Mikael, he can win a few more here if he continues playing like this. Brown can be either hot or cold, and today he was fairly cold.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Great result for young Ethiopian.
You can use wikipedia, well done.

I dislike his brand of tennis. I dislike his style, I think no serious player should wear 2 meter long dreadlocks. I genuinely think that if a player is willing to take care of that much hair, and is not willing to sacrifice it, he's probably not that serious about his career. People cry about poor Clown being so lowly ranked despite being flashy. I think he's just not willing to put in that much work, based on his hair.
Finally some honesty. As for the rest of the post - no one is really crying about Brown being ranked too low. He's good on grass though, too bad there's not more grass tournaments on tour or Brown would easily be ranked high enough to directly qualify for the Wimby main draw.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Tennis is temporary. The hair is permanent.

Unless you're Dull.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts