Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruben sure had his chances to win easier. But got it done in the end.

He has a very good chance of qualifying now if he's fit enough.

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
Bemelmans broke early in the third,and lost serve right away,later he saved 2 mp's on serve,broke again,served for the match,got broken,saved 0-40,broke again and held after saving another bp to win the match.:lol:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Bemelmans! :yeah:
He was very impressive in Halle as well, even had matchpoints against Berdych. The guy can sure play well on grass.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Saw this from 6-6 in the third, crazy good tennis!

Saved 5 match points from my counting and it's hard to say Sugita did anything wrong on any. Bemelmans served for the match a few games earlier as well and had a match point which is really wasted with an awful forehand, but in the last game he played a solid match point to take it, also hit a huge forehand to save a break point in the last game to stop Sugita leveling up again.

·
MONSOON season.
82,483 Posts
Ruben :worship:

Glad to hear it was a good match. I hope he can qualify.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Impressive from the Belgian, now has a days rest to recover for the final round.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I saw some of this match. I saw Bemelmans save from 15-40 at 6-7 with fine attacking play. I rejoined it when Bemelmans served for it at 12-11, only to be broken. As an earlier contributor said he was 0-40 at 13-14, and had a net cord at 0-40. Sugita then missed by a fraction with an attempted winner down the line on his 3rd match point, and the rest is now folklore!

It is what Wimbledon qualifying is all about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts