Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Yeah, we know. Well done to them. Looks like a layup semifinal for them if Jack and Vasek close things out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
PAYBACK time for PAES v/s Nestor-Zimonjic

How does someone feels when you lost to a certain person again and again on your favorite surface? Hope not great..We know Leander's favorite surface is grass, he loves playing on grass...

Now he lost to Zimonjic at Wimbledon Semis 2006/2007 and 2008.The first two were against Santoro-Zimo and the last one against who else Nestor-Zimo...

But Leander knows how to pay back them...Last year Q-F and this year same stage once again...Do I have to add anything...:D

BRINGGGGGGGGGGG ON TWINSSSSSS..Want to see how you play on grass against Paes- Stepss:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Re: PAYBACK time for PAES v/s Nestor-Zimonjic

BRINGGGGGGGGGGG ON TWINSSSSSS..Want to see how you play on grass against Paes- Stepss:worship::worship::worship:
They have a name and i'm sure they've played on grass before with a particular outcome ;)

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
UPSET?? The way Paes-Steps plays at grand slams I don't agree with your word upset... Want Twins v/s Paes-Steps final here...
Seeding, history of this matchup and they haven't had a great year.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: PAYBACK time for PAES v/s Nestor-Zimonjic

They have a name and i'm sure they've played on grass before with a particular outcome ;)
Well I love Bob and Mike but I also love that they are twins...As far as my memory goes in 2003 Leander met Bob and Mike at Wimbledon Q-final partnering David Rikl..Right?

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
For two sets it seemed like this would be a very easy 3-0 for Nestor/Zimonjic. Stepanek was awful on his service games and Nestor/Zimonjic had the possibility to break in many games while they were holding easily. It was Paes who lost two consecutive points on his serve in the tb for 2-5 and then the improbable turnaround happened with some great play at the net.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Seeding, history of this matchup and they haven't had a great year.
I agree...But they don't play my friend, except 3 Grand Slams and few TMS...So I would request you to check their BIG MATCH records before calling it a upset...

Cool... no issues just my opinion :)

·
21,308 Posts
Great win :D

Most likely Pospisil/Sock in the SF(they are serving for the match in the 4th as I write this). That means on paper, Paes/Steps easiest match would be in the SF :lol:

UPSET?? The way Paes-Steps plays at grand slams I don't agree with your word upset... Want Twins v/s Paes-Steps final here...
Yes, upset. Other than what lupojohn already told you: Bookies. Every bookie that I saw that N/Z as slight favourites. As I mentioned in the WWW thread, I personally thought they were even bigger favourites than the odds suggested.

·
21,308 Posts
I agree...But they don't play my friend, except 3 Grand Slams and few TMS...So I would request you to check their BIG MATCH records before calling it a upset...

Cool... no issues just my opinion :)
Their form was questionable. After a not so great early hard court season with Steps, Paes missed the entire clay season for his custody battle. At that time Stepank had only one noteworthy win with Haas over Kubot/Lindstedt who were themselves on a terrible streak. And add non-spectacular grass warm up to that. On the other hand, N/Z had been on a role this year. So, yes, upset.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great win :D

Most likely Pospisil/Sock in the SF(they are serving for the match in the 4th as I write this). That means on paper, Paes/Steps easiest match would be in the SF :lol:

Yes, upset. Other than what lupojohn already told you: Bookies. Every bookie that I saw that N/Z as slight favourites. As I mentioned in the WWW thread, I personally thought they were even bigger favourites than the odds suggested.
Bookies are bookies only...not tennis pundits...And I believe myself and DartMarcus have already predicted over you and scored..Right?

·
21,308 Posts
Bookies are bookies only...not tennis pundits...And I believe myself and DartMarcus have already predicted over you and scored..Right?
Firstly, this is not a prediction:

Paes and Steps beat 3 quality teams, while N/Z played against a bunch of clowns, so I don't think we can judge their form based on the tournament. :lol:
Secondly, predicting who will win is not the same as stating who (in your opinion) is the favourite. And on the same point, I only stated who I thought was the favourite, never made a prediction. :shrug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts