1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Well, that depends on how much they paid the premium. Read the article and the premium was nowhere to be found. That's why I hate today's journalists. They don't bother providing information.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Well, that depends on how much they paid the premium. Read the article and the premium was nowhere to be found. That's why I hate today's journalists. They don't bother providing information.
Well...

According to Darren Rovell of The Action Network, Wimbledon reportedly paid $2 million a year for pandemic insurance for the last 17 years. As a result, because of the cancellation of this year’s event as a result of the coronavirus, Wimbledon will receive $141 million.

While the $141 million will soften the blow, it’s still a sizable loss of revenue — according to the Daily Mail, this year’s tournament was expected to generate $309 million in revenue.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Smart move!

Reactions: ballbasher101

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Really smart, thoughtful move. Because of this, Wimbledon could take the high route, cancelling the tournament early and cementing its status as one of the most relevant sports events in the world.

On the other hand, those fuckers from the French Open made a desperate, nasty grab for money and postphoned it without consulting everbody. Their image is destroyed forever, they will never recover.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
I take it RG didn't have such insurance so they tried not to cancel like Wimbledon ended up doing. Since they also rebuilt a court with a roof, I'd imagine they are short on funds right now.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
$2 million a year, and it started 17 years ago. Why 17 years ago? Well, that was when the SARS pandemic took place.

People are mentioning revenue but considering Wimbledon won't be paying out prize money (which alone is $50 million), staff costs etc. they're coming out of this not too badly at all.

Give that man a raise.

·
Banned
930 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
$2 million a year, and it started 17 years ago. Why 17 years ago? Well, that was when the SARS pandemic took place.

People are mentioning revenue but considering Wimbledon won't be paying out prize money (which alone is $50 million), staff costs etc. they're coming out of this not too badly at all.

Give that man a raise.
That's why Wimbledon made such a quick decision to cancel.
To make good money. Greedy bastard!

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
He is probably dead anyway. Must have been some old higher rank dude of the club with their lawyer or insurance expert.
And why would he be dead? Lol

Reactions: IBM

·
Registered
447 Posts
Going forward, this type of insurance won’t be offered anymore, and if it is, it won’t anywhere near 2 million per year.

Premium for this will skyrocket now.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
But how much is Wimbledon's net earning annually?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts