Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karlovic played the match of his life here. Ridiculous serving. Lobray was on fire though :worship:

The Grassray serve is a slight concern but I'm sure all will be fine in the next round :yeah:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: Wimbledon: Grassray takes down the bot. Def Karlovic 7-6 6-4 5-7 6-4

Anyone who can return and lob Ivo so often has mad talent. The Grassray moniker is now fully earned.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

Federer-Fan is the happiest man in the world right now.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts

Andy Lobray was peaking. Just too good.
More talented player lost. Simple as that.
Nope, wrong as usual. Simple as that.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Hope in life restored.

GoG marches on.

·
Registered
277 Posts
All I need is Novak to win and I'll have had a great day on Manic Monday.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good win for Andy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Was it 6 clean lob-winners I counted ? Plus another one or two forcing errors ... unreal in that category, surely no-one else in history could do that with a 6"11 guy.

·
Administrator
6,251 Posts

Very dodgy on his own serve for the last two sets, but putting pressure on Karlovic with his returns from the very beginning. Karlovic serving very well in the first set, saved 5 BPs, 4 of which were SPs, including 0-40 at 5-6. Murray won a tense tiebreak and carried on the momentum to get the early break and served out set 2. Played an awful game serving to get to a 3rd set tiebreak and was broken, but got the job done in a relatively comfortable 4 sets.

Murray obviously not content with only breaking Karlovic once, so once Karlovic ensured a 3rd set TB he made sure to give himself a chance to (correct me if I'm wrong) be the first to break Karlovic multiple times this grass season?

·
Banned
182 Posts
Murray is a better returner than Djokovic. No question about it.

Murray's serve is rubbish though. Good luck winning Wimbledon with that serve. :superlol:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Andy didn't serve well, I wonder if the shoulder is still troubling him.
I didn't see any issues. He did what he usually does against these big servers by ensuring a solid first-serve 100% with general 3/4-pace serves, smart tactic, only broken once all match (more a mental break anyway).

·
Registered
3,890 Posts

So glad that's over. 6-0, and hopefully Murray never has to play him again.

The difference in Murray's serving and returning was ridiculous today. This is always the potential problem with high percentage serving though; I've seen it before with Andy. An opponent returns better than expected, and all of a sudden it gets very tricky.

More talented player lost. Simple as that.
Funny, since you were rooting for Murray in this match in the first couple of sets. I always get the strong impression that you really don't know your arse from your elbow.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Murray's serve was pretty bad. I feel like the back was acting up. He was dancing around waiting for returns in a way which suggests to me he was in discomfort.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts