Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I see is middle aged turds golf clapping after every point. Unless its Murray or maybe Federer these people

show no emotion and look disinterested. It doesn't even change as the tournament hits the latter stages either.

Disgusting for the sports image. Even the contentious French crowds are better than this shit. :drink:

·
10,285 Posts
I like the Wimbledon crowds, because they actually shut up when the point starts.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I like the Wimbledon crowds, because they actually shut up when the point starts.
This.
Unlike the French who shout just before serve.
Unlike the Yanks who have their own drama going on in that huge gladiator ring.
Unlike the AO where a small group of BUlgarian hecklers can bring the officials to their knees.

Wimby Crowd is the best by a long shot even though you dont see that same reserve in other walks of life in UK (Esp London)

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
They won't if Mugray is playing

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
No Wimby crowd is great they are respectfull when players play, not like RG crowd - they are disrespectfull - cheering like crazy for french guys and being horrible, Wimbledon is truly classy crowd, from slams i would say WImbledon and AUssie have great crowds - Aussie cheer for everyone and Wimbledon is o.k. classy

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
All I see is middle aged turds golf clapping after every point. Unless its Murray or maybe Federer these people

show no emotion and look disinterested. It doesn't even change as the tournament hits the latter stages either.

Disgusting for the sports image. Even the contentious French crowds are better than this shit. :drink:
Brits. :shrug:

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
No Wimby crowd is great they are respectfull when players play
They are also respectful towards each other, they just do not shout "pardon" or "permesso" like the Italins and then force their way through, not caring if there is a foot or just a bag in their way. Apart from that, not all the crowds are British, there is a large international community in London, e.g. I sat next to four Aussies during the Monfils match yesterday.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Unless its Murray or maybe Federer these people

You mean they don't show a bias towards any player other than Murray or Federer? That is a good thing, actually. I think the word you are looking for is "uninterested".

As others have said, it is great that the Wimbledon crowd mostly keeps quiet during play. Aside from that, I couldn't care less what they do.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I was at Wimbledon yesterday and the overly well behaved crowd does make it dull. I would not say spectators are not into it, they are just too afraid to stand out.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Day 3 of the Championships and I haven't heard a chorus of boos yet.. I'm ashamed of the Wimbly crowd, I really am.

·
Registered
48 Posts
French are the worst. Routine points are golf-clapped while good points are appreciated with louder clap. Great points are appreciated with even louder claps and bit of shouting. U can't do much when Murray dismantles Rola 61 61 60. Their were visible ooohhhs and aaahhhs when Rafa was playing yesterday and Klizan was making some powerful winners.
French are stupid. They shout like crazy when Federer's opponents makes an UE or Federer makes a putaway winner. They r so into sucking up to Federer and French players they don't even realize when a great match is on.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts