Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's match was a great battle between two real legends. But of all the outcomes, this seems to be the worst. Roger does not win 18. Nole does not get that signature clutch winning performance. Which means, we still don't know how he would fare against the other 2 members of the top 4 in a final.

Nole winning this in straight or 4 sets, would have made a statement. This leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am very happy for Nole. You can see it meant a lot to him. But leaves a lot to be answered. We still don't know whether he will get back to winning more slam finals than losing them. I hope this is not his last slam this year

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about wating until USO series to find the answers?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
You mean the US Open, right? I don't give a rat's ass about masters as we know Nole can win those easily. The problem here is ... knowing now that he won, a 4 set win would have been much better for his mental side. I love Roger and Nole. If Nole was going to win, I was hoping he could do it without a choke. Roger fought hard but no way Nole should lose a 5-2 set, 7-5. It was just bad how he fell apart.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Nole fluking this Wimbledon is worse than all Dull's flukes altogether. A pushing servebot who slips all through the tourney, Disgusting.
Obviously didn't see the winner stats for Novak. Your bitterness is delicious!

·
Registered
755 Posts
You mean the US Open, right? I don't give a rat's ass about masters as we know Nole can win those easily. The problem here is ... knowing now that he won, a 4 set win would have been much better for his mental side. I love Roger and Nole. If Nole was going to win, I was hoping he could do it without a choke. Roger fought hard but no way Nole should lose a 5-2 set, 7-5. It was just bad how he fell apart.
it was way more important for Nole to win DESPITE choking.. you know why?? because he WILL always choke.
as for Federer, i of course hoped he could do it but for the first time since Wimbledon 2012 i had the feeling again to see a dude that can go all the way in a slam and despite some lapses( and a roberry of epic proportions) in the 3rd and 5th, he also was super Clutch many times especially on serve.
this tournament should give him enough motivation to keep competing and maybe train extra hard for the next 2-3 years. he should improve his strenght a bit to have more on his shots and work his ass off on ROS.
i feel like Federer proved to himself today that he still has what it takes.
i mean, he was far from brilliant today and nearly beat Nole in a 5 setter:worship:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Obviously didn't see the winner stats for Novak. Your bitterness is delicious!
No question about it. Nole was the deserved winner, though the Fed fan in me was hoping for him to choke. But seeing how happy it made him, I am glad he won. A loss here would have been devastating.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was way more important for Nole to win DESPITE choking.. you know why?? because he WILL always choke.
as for Federer, i of course hoped he could do it but for the first time since Wimbledon 2012 i had the feeling again to see a dude that can go all the way in a slam and despite some lapses( and a roberry of epic proportions) in the 3rd and 5th, he also was super Clutch many times especially on serve.
this tournament should give him enough motivation to keep competing and maybe train extra hard for the next 2-3 years. he should improve his strenght a bit to have more on his shots and work his ass off on ROS.
i feel like Federer proved to himself today that he still has what it takes.
i mean, he was far from brilliant today and nearly beat Nole in a 5 setter:worship:
I love Roger. But the guy is not getting any younger. I am afraid he is not going to get too many chances. He probably would have beaten Dimitrov and other guys. But those guys are getting much better. Father time does not make exceptions. Everyone gets old. Roger has nothing to be ashamed about.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
No it's not the world dosen't resolve around Rafael Nadal as most Fed fans seem to think it does.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Don't worry, Nole will retire from the sport at the end of the WTF. Mark my words.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No it's not the world dosen't resolve around Rafael Nadal as most Fed fans seem to think it does.
Did you read the original question or are you here to bring Rafatards with you? It was about how Nole won. Nobody talked about Rafa.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Today's match was a great battle between two real legends. But of all the outcomes, this seems to be the worst. Roger does not win 18. Nole does not get that signature clutch winning performance. Which means, we still don't know how he would fare against the other 2 members of the top 4 in a final.

Nole winning this in straight or 4 sets, would have made a statement. This leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Thoughts?
His win period is the statement. Might have been more emphatic with a 4-set win, but the statement was made nonetheless.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Did you read the original question or are you here to bring Rafatards with you? It was about how Nole won. Nobody talked about Rafa.
But Fed not getting to 18 is a worry for Fed fans as now Nadal can catch him. Novak still showing signs of mental weakness is a worry because Fed fans can't rely on him to beat Nadal and stop him getting more GS so this thread is about Nadal really.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But Fed not getting to 18 is a worry for Fed fans as now Nadal can catch him. Novak still showing signs of mental weakness is a worry because Fed fans can't rely on him to beat Nadal and stop him getting more GS so this thread is about Nadal really.
Don't be a dummy. Have some respect for yourself.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Surely not an Hollywoord type of final why the old man winning against the young and invincible dude.

But still, it's a great outcome.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts