Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Re: Qualifying Draw

so 8 withdraws known and stepanek is out to plus gulbis, gasquet and tsonga are in doubt, almagro got injured and probably wont play

and still davydenko is a question

so 8 so far and a possible 6 more for a grand total of 14

WOW

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Re: Wimbledon Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated June 11, 2010)

Really? That means to me, that somebody, who lost 1st round qualies could still get in as alternate, if he has been the best ranked guy in qualifying?
Players who lost in the first round of qualifying would only get in as lucky losers if losing players from the final round (16 players) & R64 (32 players) did not sign in for lucky loser spots. Otherwise those players would only be 49-96 on the lucky loser list & it's extremely unlikely that there would be more than 48 late withdrawals.

Which procedere is used about giving these spots?
They take the 4 best ranked players, who didn´t qualify an then one of them will be chosen by fortune or sth like that.
I don't know how they choose the LL - whether the best ranked or random
As of 2009:

i. Lucky Losers
Lucky Losers are those players who have lost in the final round of the Qualifying competition or, if more Lucky Losers are required, those players who have lost in the previous qualifying rounds. Lucky Losers shall be selected based on the computer rankings used for the determination of qualifying seedings as follows:

The order of the four (4) highest ranked players shall be randomly drawn, thereafter the order shall follow the players' rankings, unless there are more than two (2) main draw withdrawals at the time the Qualifying competition is finished in which case the size of the random draw will be the number of withdrawals plus two (2).

The Lucky Loser list will be posted each day at least one (1) hour prior to the sign-in deadline which will be one-half (½) hour before the first point is played in the first match. Such list shall not be available for sign-in on the preceding day.
per the Official Grand Slam Rulebook

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Wimbledon Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated June 11, 2010)

Players who lost in the first round of qualifying would only get in as lucky losers if losing players from the final round (16 players) & R64 (32 players) did not sign in for lucky loser spots. Otherwise those players would only be 49-96 on the lucky loser list & it's extremely unlikely that there would be more than 48 late withdrawals.
I've been sure of it, too. ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

If it's done like that, it would be a complete overhaul of the system :eek:
so you are 100% sure that its the way you explained and not like it is written there?

·
MONSOON season.
81,382 Posts

so you are 100% sure that its the way you explained and not like it is written there?
No, I'm not. Rules change, and I haven't seen the tournament fact sheet for this year. But it would definitely be a new way of selecting LLs, and not one that I can grasp.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Since there is already about 7 withdrawals since the qualifying started, most of the guys that were seeded in qualifying should make the MD anyway. Like I said at the start of this event, the 2nd round qualifying match is equally important as the 3rd round.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Re: Wimbledon Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated June 17, 2010)

If a player with a WC gets a DA, what happens to the WC?
That's irrelevant at this point since only qualifiers & lucky losers are admitted to entry list after the withdrawal deadline.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

Smucav, do you have a possible/projected LL list for us, the eligible players who will be drawn at random to fill all these spots? Thanks..

·
MONSOON season.
81,382 Posts

@ GoMullerGo, I think the Grand Slam Rulebook is in agreement with me. The Wimbledon blog also contradicts itself, because it seems to refer to the proper rules for the women's qualifiers, but then not for the men.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts

Gasquet is apparently out. Almagro is prolly out as well.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

If I understand correctly if 14 people withdraw even the lowest ranked player to lose in the 3rd round of Qualies Prakash Amritraj has a shot at getting in as a LL?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Is it only 2nd and 3rd Round Losers who would get the LL spots, or would 1st Rounders have a chance?

·
MONSOON season.
81,382 Posts

Is it only 2nd and 3rd Round Losers who would get the LL spots, or would 1st Rounders have a chance?
Theoretically they do have a chance, but only after the 16 qualifying round and 32 second round losers. That will never happen.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Theoretically they do have a chance, but only after the 16 qualifying round and 32 second round losers. That will never happen.
thanks, I was confused about the ruling on that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Who will make a deep run this year?

Which players do you think will make a deep run at Wimbledon? As always I'm rooting for Roddick to make it at least to the Semis but I don't know about him this year.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts