Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Re: Qualifying Draw

i dont know

all i know is that if you lose in the final round of qualifying then the hifgher ranked you are the more likely you'll get in as a lucky loser

to my knowledge taylor dent, if he should lose would be the first one in as a lucky loser

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Wimbledon Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated June 11, 2010)

They take the 4 best ranked players, who didn´t qualify an then one of them will be chosen by fortune or sth like that.

Now Benneteau and Hanescu are also seeded. Next to be seeded is Petzschner.
Ah okay, thanks.

Does Reister has a chance of getting in as LL?

And is there another seeded player who may will withdraw?

·
Vault Hunter
6,521 Posts

Ah okay, thanks.

Does Reister has a chance of getting in as LL?

And is there another seeded player who may will withdraw?
For now before draw is done there are no LL, alternates are taking places for players who withdraw. After the draw is done LL are picked from players who played Q and lost.

·
Registered
89 Posts

For now before draw is done there are no LL, alternates are taking places for players who withdraw. After the draw is done LL are picked from players who played Q and lost.
Really? That means to me, that somebody, who lost 1st round qualies could still get in as alternate, if he has been the best ranked guy in qualifying?

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

False: all late withdrawals are replaced by lucky losers (not alternates).

·
MONSOON season.
81,382 Posts

Okay, is there an official LL-list?
It goes by ranking (at the time of the qualifying entry list), so it makes most sense to just look at the highest seeded losers in the final qualifying round. At the moment, those are (from highest to lowest seeding):
  1. Jesse Levine (9)
  2. Ryan Sweeting (12)
  3. Go Soeda (15)
  4. Santiago Ventura (16)
  5. Julian Reister (18)
  6. Ramón Delgado (24)
Seeds still in action:
  • Taylor Dent (1)
  • Stefan Koubek (13) vs. Nicolas Mahut (27)
It is safe to assume that unseeded losers will not stand a chance to clinch a LL-spot.

·
Registered
89 Posts

It goes by ranking (at the time of the qualifying entry list), so it makes most sense to just look at the highest seeded losers in the final qualifying round. At the moment, those are (from highest to lowest seeding):
  1. Jesse Levine (9)
  2. Ryan Sweeting (12)
  3. Go Soeda (15)
  4. Santiago Ventura (16)
  5. Julian Reister (18)
  6. Ramón Delgado (24)
Seeds still in action:
  • Taylor Dent (1)
  • Stefan Koubek (13) vs. Nicolas Mahut (27)
It is safe to assume that unseeded losers will not stand a chance to clinch a LL-spot.
Thanks. So Reister has only a small chance.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

so the statement of the wimbledon blog at the wimbledon website is wrong?
There are three slots open to lucky losers, and once Nalbandian makes his withdrawal official there will be a fourth. Dent, Muller, Ilhan (who is about to defeat Karanusic) and Koubek (locked at 6-6 in a first-set tie-break with Mahut) are the top four on the lucky loser list, followed by Jesse Levine, Carsten Ball, Ryan Sweeting and Ilya Bozoljac

·
MONSOON season.
81,382 Posts

so the statement of the wimbledon blog at the wimbledon website is wrong?
There are three slots open to lucky losers, and once Nalbandian makes his withdrawal official there will be a fourth. Dent, Muller, Ilhan (who is about to defeat Karanusic) and Koubek (locked at 6-6 in a first-set tie-break with Mahut) are the top four on the lucky loser list, followed by Jesse Levine, Carsten Ball, Ryan Sweeting and Ilya Bozoljac
If it's done like that, it would be a complete overhaul of the system :eek:

·
Vault Hunter
6,521 Posts

False: all late withdrawals are replaced by lucky losers (not alternates).
yeah, and what am i saying

Really? That means to me, that somebody, who lost 1st round qualies could still get in as Alternate, if he has been the best ranked guy in qualifying?
I don't know how they choose the LL - whether the best ranked or random

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

If it's done like that, it would be a complete overhaul of the system :eek:
just telling you how it is written on the wimbledon website

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

yeah, and what am i saying
No you said (below) they were being replaced by alternates which is false.

·
Registered
89 Posts

The point why I made my first question about the LL was that I have had in my mind that they draw all LL by lots. So every looser of final quali round could get in. And I'm surprised that they only go by ranking (although I go along with it).

41 - 60 of 97 Posts