Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just informed me that I am have been selected and that I can buy tickets for Friday July 3rd, No.2 Court. Last year saw these matches on the day and court, if I am not mistaken: Halep - Tsurenko, Janowicz - Hewitt, De Britto - Radwanska + 1 doubles match. Obviously, the best will not play there, but do you know is it possible to enter the Centre Court later in the day, as people leave the complex? How does that work? Any other related or non-related tip would be super useful. Thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Definitely possible to enter Centre Court. There are two methods. At around 4/5pm some people will leave and they can leave their tickets 'for charity' - what this means is those tickets can be repurchased for £5 at a stall near Henman Hill. Obviously cheap but of course you may only get 1 full/half a match depending on how much longer there is left on the schedule.

Alternatively you can try and ask people as they leave the grounds. Depends on you getting a friendly person/a bit lucky but I've found this mostly to work. Of course not as legit as the proper way.

First Friday as well should mean that there are still some singles matches around the grounds which would be good too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just want to see it. If it's one hour, hour it is. Thanks guys.

What do you mean, sneak in? :) Or ticketmaster? It will charge full price, will it not?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
People leaving early are asked to hand in their tickets and these are then resold - I think £5, but I haven't been for the last 3 years - the proceeds going to charity.
Yep, that's correct - for Centre, No. 1 and No. 2 court, I think - but you pretty much need to be able to stay after 5 pm. The queue can be horrendously long, though. Also, if there's a really popular match being shown on the screen on Henman Hill they may close access to the resale kiosk for safety reasons (it can only be accessed via the Hill. I really think they should move it somewhere else, but where?)

Don't forget that with Wimbledon being a week later this year that'll make a difference to what matches you may see on that Friday - although I think you've made allowance for that?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Oh, and bring sunscreen. I ended up noticeably red even with the temperature not topping 20 degrees when it was sunny. I think Court No. 2 is possibly the biggest suntrap of all.

·
Premium Member
12,348 Posts
Center Court matches on day 1 are typically the worst :p.

Some of the best matches in tennis are played on the secondary courts.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
What are the chances of being successful in the ballot?

First year that I have applied.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I defintely do not plan to wait in the queue, I would rather enjoy my day watching tennis. I guess I'll try to get a sneak peek into the Centre Court later in the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts