Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
|
14,077 Posts
Wimbledon has always been better than the worst slam which is held in france
If you want to see the best players in the world you watch Roland Garros, because the best players in the world play their best tennis at Roland Garros.

Australian Open 2019, Quarter-Finals = 1, 2, 8, 14, 16, 22, 28, unseeded
Australian Open 2019, Semi-finals = 1, 2, 14, 28

Roland Garros 2019, Quarter-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 24
Roland Garros 2019, Semi-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 4

Wimbledon 2019, Quarter-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 8, 21, 23, 26, unseeded
Wimbledon 2019, Semi-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 23

US Open 2019, Quarter-Finals = 2, 3, 5, 13, 20, 23, 24, unseeded
US Open 2019, Semi-finals = 2, 5, 24, unseeded

And the only top 8 seeds to miss the Roland Garros QF was Tsitsipas (lost to French Open Champ Wawrinka-24) and Del Potro (lost to rising star Khachanov-10).

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Wimbledon giving into fears and panic and not being brave and bold under duress like Roland Garros displayed courage and optimism in the face of danger. No need to make a rushed hasty decision here, wait to the end of April.
Wimbledon is omega male unlike RG.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Um, Wimbledon is speaking to the ATP, the WTA and the other slams.

The FO didn't speak to any of those, rather merely consulted their pet player, who put his own interests ahead of everybody else's and basic decency.
There is no need to talk with anybody players or organizations , (btw country leaders/international org are above those) and above all common sense after the dissaster left by the virus at a global scale and fears of 2nd outbreaks .

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
sounds sensible to me, tbh. and yeah, starting to think myself we won't get any tennis anytime soon, corona already is too big of a crisis to assume it would go away in mere months.

·
Your visions will happen
46,916 Posts
Rafa fans in ruins because the humble one has been caught out acting venally in a time of crisis.

No amount of PR will ever wash away this stain.

Out, damned spot! Out, I say!—One, two. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky!—Fie, my lord, fie! A soldier, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account.
Rafa is a nice boy from small island. The Mafioso Uncle is still pulling the strings.

Media: RG called Rafa about the reschedule

Actuality: Tio Toni called RG and told them to reschedule

That's what REALLY happened let's not get it twisted here

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Rafa is a nice boy from small island. The Mafioso Uncle is still pulling the strings.

Media: RG called Rafa about the reschedule

Actuality: Tio Toni called RG and told them to reschedule

That's what REALLY happened let's not get it twisted here
Quite probably. But let's not forget that Toni had to do it after Mirka's extremely bold move of singlehandedly cancelling the entire clay season by pulling the strings of his puppet husband at the ATP.

No one in his right mind will expect Toni not to retaliate Mirka's full-blown attack. RG move is Toni's proportionate response.

Wimby is the next battlefield of this epic behind-the-scene war where no one is taking prisoners. Stay tuned.

·
Your visions will happen
46,916 Posts
Quite probably. But let's not forget that Toni had to do it after Mirka's extremely bold move of singlehandedly cancelling the entire clay season by pulling the strings of his puppet husband at the ATP.

No one in his right mind will expect Toni not to retaliate Mirka's full-blown attack. RG move is Toni's proportionate response.
I agree about the theory of Mirka controlling Roger to an extent, but I am not sure of her power to get the whole clay swing canceled.

COVID did that

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
People fall one by one, just yesterday 21 yo Brit girl died with absolutely no illness in UK, it is spreading very fast and coming for all of us. And look at the posts above, childish and immoral.

We will never see any official tennis tournament in 2020. Who cares when particular ones get canceled or postponed. It is over.

·
|
14,077 Posts
People fall one by one, just yesterday 21 yo Brit girl died with absolutely no illness in UK, it is spreading very fast and coming for all of us. And look at the posts above, childish and immoral.

We will never see any official tennis tournament in 2020. Who cares when particular ones get canceled or postponed. It is over.
Well we won't see Wimbledon.
Everything else is still on the table, because places like Rome are still considering rescheduling and even relocating.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well we won't see Wimbledon.
Everything else is still on the table, because places like Rome are still considering rescheduling and even relocating.
I must say, I will kind of miss you here. But what can you do? Your overlord Trump clearly demanded for you to sacrifice yourself for the economy. Surely you will not defy your hero, right?

I will try to keep your legacy intact at MTF by creating avatars with preditions that are never going to happen.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My favorite BSaIot avatar has to b the triviaI 2019 ItaIian Open NadaI victory score over Novak proudIy posted by 'yours truIy' to consoIe himseIf foIIowing the CIaybots' AO19 beatdown. Still look forward to reading his impIoding posts as the CIay season passes us by w/ no matches to b seen. As for WB20, probabIy a NID no-brainer decision considering current circumstances which i'm sure even defending champion wouId have concurred with.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Fedtarts in ruins because his winning chances at Wimby were already slim. Now in 2021 its not existance.
As for USOpen and RG.
USopen wont be played. Mark my words. Not the way thing are going in the USA. RG not sure they can pull it off.
Because nobody can control this virus from spreading. It only takes one moron to break quaretine and screw a country.

For Rafa the only good thing is hes not injured.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts