Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Dolgo had has chances. 2 BPs early in the 4th then lost the set by letting an easy smash go that landed in. Fell apart totally in the 5th, lost the last 6 games.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Dog decided to call it quits after the 4th for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Dolgo was on fire for a lot of the match. Kudos to Grigor for hanging in there and getting the win. :yeah:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Good win mentally for Dimitrov who was the worse player for much of the match and below his normal level. Dolgo played well but imploded in the fifth totally.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Well, I'm sure Dolgo was the one who played at the highest level in this match, but he was very inconsistent.

Dimitrov apart from a terrible 1st set TB and the 3rd set, was surely the most regular player in this watch, that's why he won.

I guess he'll making QF, Leo Mayer has much more talented than his ranking says, but on grass? Grigor 100% favourite.

PS Fantastic match point!

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
I guess he'll making QF, Leo Mayer has much more talented than his ranking says, but on grass? Grigor 100% favourite.
Mayer has too many weaknesses, defence, awful returns, choking on big points. I've always liked his game, and he's done well so far, but there are too many holes there for Dimitrov to exploit.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Grigor was not bad in sets 1 and 2, Dog has better ROS and wicked serve and gave him troubles. TB in set 1 was too careful and missed points he should have won.
But I am curious what happened in set 3. Grigor imploded massively, seemed to have a physical problem, grimacing, breathing heavily, his face changed, body language was bad like he was injured or out of gas. In set 4 he soldiered on got his moment, showed nerves of steel serving for the set. Then in set 5 he just played freely with no pressure, no risk or power just clever placement and solid game, Dog did the rest. very beautiful set 5 and the match point - beauty.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Credit to Dimitrov for coming through against a dangerous opponent whilst not playing particularly well himself. Mayer should be easier.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts