Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karlovic is a top 5 choker in the game, just doesn't show up in the scoreline due to his style of play. That miss on MP to get broken for the first time in 2 sets serving to stay in the match....

What a run for Fabbiano, but he'll be exhausted in R3 surely.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
Height should never be an excuse

Attachments

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Legendary BH pass by Fabbiano facing BP at 4-4 in the 5th, which was the only one he faced all match :lol: Deserved win, 2 consecutive R3 showings here at Wimbledon.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,631 Posts
YAY! Sexy Italian Fabbiano into another R3.

This was a tough one, faced 0 BPs the whole match save near the end but Ivo was able to go up the TBs. Fabbiano's ROS wasn't great but he's playing Ivo. I'd only change up the position to return further back just to give yourself space to react, the trajectory with Ivo is the most difficult aspect. Nevertheless, well done.

It was 5 sets but the match went fairly quick so hopefully he has reserves for R3.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Unsuccessful resuscitation from Dr Ivo.

Sloppy stuff in that last game.

Fabbiano pretty annoying with all his yelling.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Fabbiano deserved it in the end, Karlovic had a game early on in that 5th set where he got plenty of returns in, think he was 15-30 up and had Fabbiano stranded at the net, decided to hit the ball straight at Fabbiano, got no power on it and allowed Fabbiano to get the ball back in play, Fabbiano ended up holding and always looked the more likely to win from there.

Fair play to the old man though, most tennis players would much rather be sat on a beach at 40 than playing a 5 setter at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The better and more consistent player throughout the whole match pulls through. Fabbiano won 16 more points overall and Dr. Ivo didn’t break him once. The Dr. was upset because he missed an absolute sitter to lose the match.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Watched the final game. At 4-5 40-40 in the final set, Fabbiano hits a forehand shank (a bad shank) on return and it ends up just touching the line & was in...both the players couldn't believe it lol...that shank return gave Fabbiano 3rd MP which he ended up converting after a bad volley miss by Ivo

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
Fabbiano deserved it in the end, Karlovic had a game early on in that 5th set where he got plenty of returns in, think he was 15-30 up and had Fabbiano stranded at the net, decided to hit the ball straight at Fabbiano, got no power on it and allowed Fabbiano to get the ball back in play, Fabbiano ended up holding and always looked the more likely to win from there.

Fair play to the old man though, most tennis players would much rather be sat on a beach at 40 than playing a 5 setter at Wimbledon.
hes not really doing much though just serving and then hoping for the best. Easy money.

·
Registered
990 Posts
hes not really doing much though just serving and then hoping for the best. Easy money.
I already said about this in Opelka's match thread, no point repeating it to someone so ignorant.

Even the best players 'hope for the best' with some of their shots sometimes, you must be terribly sad to be so insistent on being derogatory towards a 40 year old man still playing professional tennis at the top level.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well, at least Karlovic won the breakers, but this match result is quite nice after Opelka's victory. No offence to Dr Ivo, because I think he can do more with a tennis ball than Rough Reilly.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I already said about this in Opelka's match thread, no point repeating it to someone so ignorant.

Even the best players 'hope for the best' with some of their shots sometimes, you must be terribly sad to be so insistent on being derogatory towards a 40 year old man still playing professional tennis at the top level.
Have you figured out that it’s mainly dulltards who complain about „servebotting“ all the time? They’re the most ignorant fanbase in this forum and everything that doesn’t look like nadal isn’t tennis. Not even djokotards reach this level of ignorance

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Have you figured out that it’s mainly dulltards who complain about „servebotting“ all the time? They’re the most ignorant fanbase in this forum and everything that doesn’t look like nadal isn’t tennis. Not even djokotards reach this level of ignorance
I havent.

Im pretty sure even you dont enjoy this.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I havent.

Im pretty sure even you dont enjoy this.
I don’t particularly enjoy it but I accept it and I accept the fact that a guy like Karlovic can’t play like nadal or federer. And even then I have to admit that this match was quite enjoyable. Karlovic had some really good net points and hit some nice forehands. Also when you’re 40 and 2,11m you have to use different tactics. Especially on return. And it’s interesting to see how he adjusts there. Yes he mainly scores with the serve but that’s not everything to his game when he’s in form. What actually happens when nothing works except the serve could be seen in his 4R match in Indian Wells vs. Thiem.

·
Registered
6,791 Posts

Ive got nothing against the man personally nor am i trying to be mean to him. Ive got nothing against big servers. I just hate watching completely helpless players in a rally. As Federer once put it ''no disrespect to Karlovic but playing him its not really a tennis match''.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts