Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Crazy match, it had everything.

Thought Farah was going to throw it away as he looked very emotional but in the end the Colombian pair wanted it more. Cabal was the man of the match imo.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
BTW, did anyone discover what was wrong with Mahut on Monday that he needed to get medication from the doctor? I thought he looked rather green around the gills, but that might have been reflection from the grass, I suppose.
Maybe answering my own question here: John Lloyd mentioned something about him having been stung by a bee, or something. Or perhaps that was on a different occasion?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Typical Cabal/Farah :(
Are they usually that vicious, then?

Mahut is being battered by tennis balls, eye, neck and bollocks...
I was really enjoying this final, but those last few games rather soured the whole thing for me.
Well i only saw the klaasen and mahut eye. Those two arent their faults. Klaasen was too close to the net. And the eye thing was a misjudgement by mahut on where the smash was going. Getting hit in doubles is normal.

·
A happy person
44,888 Posts
Are they usually that vicious, then?

I was really enjoying this final, but those last few games rather soured the whole thing for me.
Well i only saw the klaasen and mahut eye. Those two arent their faults. Klaasen was too close to the net. And the eye thing was a misjudgement by mahut on where the smash was going. Getting hit in doubles is normal.
I dont know, somehow it happens pretty often on their matches while it doesnt with other teams. Hitting opponent is okay on doubles but most of cases are under waist like it would be the normal, Cabal/Farah hit opponents on worse places more often.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I was there for this final and I was soooo happy for Cabal and Farah. Sticking with each other for so long, improving together and now they just won a slam and got to be World No.1 together. I’m truly happy for them. They totally deserve it. No one deserves more than them.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts