Dodig/Polasek v [6] Mektic/Skugor

[8] Kontinen/Peers v [12] Ram/Salisbury
[16] Haase/Nielsen v [3] Klaasen/Venus
[5] Rojer/Tecau v [9] Gonzalez/Zeballos
Jebavy/Oswald v [2] Cabal/Farah

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Rojer/Tecău through, but does anyone know what happened to Maximo Gonzalez? He was down on his back, in the middle of the court, and the physio was right next to him. The stream was frozen and couldn't see shit.

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts
Was watching singles, so didn't see. I hope he's OK.

Dodig/Polasek defeat [6] Mektic/Skugor in three sets.
Venus/Klaasen over [16] Haase/Nielsen also in straight sets.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Shame Mektic Skugor lost

·
Registered
26,061 Posts
Amazing for Kontinen/Peers to get that rebreak at 8-9 in the fifth after wasting a 2-0 lead and 2 match points at 8-7 in the fifth and finish it off with an easy tiebreak.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Amazing for Kontinen/Peers to get that rebreak at 8-9 in the fifth after wasting a 2-0 lead and 2 match points at 8-7 in the fifth and finish it off with an easy tiebreak.
During these last two matches I have mentally given up at some point, it just looked so hopeless.
Great comeback in both.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Great course, that Dodig (with Polasek) will meet Roger-Vasselin (with Mahut), now.

A year ago Polasek was ranked #1184 and had just played his first tournament after a break of 4 1/2 years. Great development.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Damn dude, one of the best doubles matches I've seen all year. 5 match points for Rojer and Tecau but Horia couldn't make one big return. Same happened in the last game of the 4th set. Congrats to the Colombians.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Cabal/Farah's 11-9 5th set win over Rojer/Tecau was an incredible match.
Indeed, I don't usually watch doubles but tuned into this one during the decider and it was really good stuff :yeah:

They saved multiple MPs I believe.
Five in total.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I cannot believe Kontinen/Peers lost today after those epic matches. They had 3 break points at 4-4 in the 4th set (virtual match points) and they lost in 5

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts
Polasek totally GOATed in that second set but then couldn't win a point on serve in the breaker and badly missed an easy overhead.

Allez Doud :D

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts
GSM Mahut/Roger-Vasselin 6-2 7-6 7-6.

Straight sets but it was very competitive in the last two sets.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts