Fed deserves to break here so fucking much, come on

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
12-12. Tiebreak....

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
damn. can we go back half an hour to when Roger had MPs and just pretend he won? :sobbing:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Truly heartbreaking. Served for it and had 40-15, double match point. Still was in it all the way. Lost all three tie breaks (didn't play well in any of the tiebreaks).

Overall, many positives- he played amazing overall, probably won more points and more games, he was moving well all the way- I still believe he can win slams. He was a hair away from winning here. It isn't over for him. Have to keep believing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
My heart cant take it... How will he ever recover mentally from thiz? The 3 MPs wasted in 2018 IW final against Delpo scarred him for so long, imagine what this will do to him.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Guys...I don't think I can follow tennis properly after this...I don't think I have ever been this devastated after a match. I wonder how much worse Roger feels now...I legit feel like crying :crying:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
tough tough match, unbelievable really, but Djokovic deserves alot of credit- a damn shame

·
Registered
965 Posts
Tough day and tough luck...Federer played so well in TBs coming into the final only to squander all three when it mattered. He should have also served it out 40-15. Can't believe he lost it from that position. Am just hoping and praying that he comes back stronger..This shouldn't be the straw that breaks the camel's back....

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Difficult loss but i am so happy how federer reacted after losing set 1 and set 3. Despite the loss, he showed how much he can dig deep. He will have his friends and family to help him recover mentally. I hope he will still find the motivation to psi because after what he has shown today. He is far from done ? don't be too sad Federer fan. I had to turn off my phone as my plane was about to take off when Federer had a BP at 11 all in the 5th. Opening my phone after landing was very painful

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I really hope he recovers well and does some damage in Cincinnati and the us open. He’s had so much bad luck at the us open in the last decade it’s insane. If only 10% of djokovic‘s luck swapped over to federer he would’ve won at least 25 slams and 35 masters by now...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yes but its life, fed has won many matches he should have lost. Today karma hit him hard. Take the good side guy and leave the emotion out. I am much more happy to see him lose like this then getting steamrolled 3 sets to love. He is not done winning slams as long as he plays and stays healthy

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
So near and yet so far.

I came here just to post in this thread; I don't feel like reading GM. In fact, I'm taking a break from the forum for a while.

It was a great match, of course, and I'm proud of Roger, but I'm also hugely disappointed.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts