Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Thanks for posting

Even though i doubt anyone will be patient enough to watch this again :lol: Personally i preffer watching it with the commentary as in my opinion it's part of the show when watching on TV. But of course it often depends on the quality of the commentary

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I'm gonna watch the entire match again when I will have 5 free hours...can't wait

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
A very overrated match.
Despite facing a 33-yr old declined Fed who is a boring servebot and (poor) net rusher on grass, Djokovic still needed 5 sets to sneak out a win in an embarrassing chokefest from both sides.
Honestly Murray's grass game last year is much more pleasurable to watch and he is very underrated in this respect. The best grass court tennis in recent years is the performance of Murray in Olympics and 13 Wimbledon. The first two sets of 12 Wimbledon final were good too before the roof was put on.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
A very overrated match.
Despite facing a 33-yr old declined Fed who is a boring servebot and (poor) net rusher on grass, Djokovic still needed 5 sets to sneak out a win in an embarrassing chokefest from both sides.
Honestly Murray's grass game last year is much more pleasurable to watch and he is very underrated in this respect. The best grass court tennis in recent years is the performance of Murray in Olympics and 13 Wimbledon. The first two sets of 12 Wimbledon final were good too before the roof was put on.
I'll upload Kyrgios vs. Dull later. A better one, no?

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
A very overrated match.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Rafa's grass game has faded a lot. It didn't surprising me he lost to monotonous servebots in Wimbledon. Murray is the best player on grass before the heartbreaking back surgery. He plays far superior grass court tennis than these two:

2-0 Djokovic (Olympics + 13 Wimbledon)
1.5-0.5 Federer ( tie in 12 Wimbledon indoor grass doesn't count , toyed Fed in Olympics)

Two inferior players playing in 14 Wimbledon final is what I was speaking. They overachieved and played a bad and overrated final.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I'll upload Kyrgios vs. Dull later. A better one, no?
That wasn't a high quality match but so does Djo vs Fed. I fell asleep in both. I can watch Murray playing on grass for days though. He is really a grass genius

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Rafa's grass game has faded a lot. It didn't surprising me he lost to monotonous servebots in Wimbledon. Murray is the best player on grass before the heartbreaking back surgery. He plays far superior grass court tennis than these two:

2-0 Djokovic (Olympics + 13 Wimbledon)
1.5-0.5 Federer ( tie in 12 Wimbledon indoor grass doesn't count , toyed Fed in Olympics)

Two inferior players playing in 14 Wimbledon final is what I was speaking. They overachieved and played a bad and overrated final.
:lol: at Murray being a better grass courter than Federer, who won 7 titles in Wimbledon and reached a final as a 32/33 yo. :haha:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
:lol: at Murray being a better grass courter than Federer, who won 7 titles in Wimbledon and reached a final as a 32/33 yo. :haha:
I was talking about Peak Murray who emerges during 12 and 13 seasons. Fed has a fairly consistent above-average grass game over the past 10 years but Peak Fed's grass game is no way near Peak Murray's. That's why Murray beat him so easily in the Olympic Final even when Fed was playing quite good actually.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I was talking about Peak Murray who emerges during 12 and 13 seasons. Fed has a fairly consistent above-average grass game over the past 10 years but Peak Fed's grass game is no way near Peak Murray's. That's why Murray beat him so easily in the Olympic Final even when Fed was playing quite good actually.
Yeah, 10% Federer 0.5 exhausted after a marathonfest with Del Potro was obviously playing quite good :superlol:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Yes, a day after Fed played around 1278 games vs. Del Potro. :lol:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
:lol: it is so easy to own a pinktard.
If laughing at Rafa's grass game can make haters fell better, then go on.
Doubtless Rafa's grass game faded but it won't harm his legacy. He still won the greatest grass ever. No can take that away from him. And he is counting on clay and hard court slams to reach that 18th mark so it's okay for him to sacrifice his grass game.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Yes, a day after Fed played around 1278 games vs. Del Potro. :lol:
He actually had a day-off after the semi. Back to back finals in Wimbledon that summer proved that he was in very good form

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Yeah, 10% Federer 0.5 exhausted after a marathonfest with Del Potro was obviously playing quite good :superlol:
10%?
Fed was playing like 110% in that summer and he had a day off to fully recover from that match lasted about 3 hrs which isn't even that long considering players sometimes play much longer match in slams.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Del Potro should've also be ordained with OBE for his excruciating SF's against Federer and Djokovic which virtually handed 2012 Gold and 2013 Wim to OBE.

Djokovic wouldn't have had much in tank anyway for possible fifth set after his recent six set RG marathon against Rafa and net, but that SF 5-setter was just the last nail in the coffin of his 2013 chances.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
A very overrated match.
ur such a failure its indescribable..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts