Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No other player seems to be more favorite than him to win Wimbledon and yet it seems Federer chances of winning it are very low.

Discuss!

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Andy is the clear favourite over Federer atleast. The picture will be clearer post Halle/Queens'.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
According to the bookmakers odds Novak is favourite then Murray then Nadal then Federer.

So 3 people are clearly favoured over him. Right now on Betfair it's....

Djokovic 2.82
Murray 5.2
Nadal 6.8
Federer 7.6
Everyone else is 30 or bigger.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Djokovic is consistent but his grass court game is inferior to the likes of Federer and Murray. As for Murray, he's still recovering so don't see him a bigger favorite than Federer.

Of course Nadal is the big question mark in all of this.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Wow Novak the favorite by a good margin yet grass is by far his worse surface, his footwork looks so bad on grass, hope he wins it

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^I wonder if Stan can survive first two rounds, he can then reach a semi at Wimbledon? Grass does slow down big time after the first few days.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
You'd probably have to put Nole as favourite (as he was last year) just for safety's sake because he seems virtually immune to random early losses at Slams, but Murray is still the the most likely to win it imo considering his form is now good enough to see him make semis on clay.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
People who says novak suck on grass is so wrong,it's his worst surface yes, but he doesn't suck. he doesn't move as well on grass compare to how he moves on say HC and clay. but some of you make it seem like he can't walk properly on grass :lol:

PS murray should be the favorite to win, then everybody else.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
are you kidding? he is not favourite..I have Djokovic as the top dog there, as rafa-maniac mentioned Nole remains the most upset-proof of the Big 4 even on Grass..Unless he succumbs to an Isner-type serving performance he will be there in last weekend..

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
People who says novak suck on grass is so wrong,it's his worst surface yes, but he doesn't suck. he doesn't move as well on grass compare to how he moves on say HC and clay. but some of you make it seem like he can't walk properly on grass :lol:

PS murray should be the favorite to win, then everybody else.
I don't see any chance Novak can take Andy Murray out on grass, he played against Andy several times here but never made a set, the only player who could take Andy out is Rafael Nadal.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
No other player seems to be more favorite than him to win Wimbledon and yet it seems Federer chances of winning it are very low.

Discuss!
Federer is not the favorite to win anything, and I say that as a Fed fan. Get the heck out of here. So many people can upset Roger when he is moving like he is carrying the twins. I just enjoy him play but don't expect him to win

1 - 20 of 41 Posts